Well I am glad I went to the Relay. I know I was whining about going because of the staying up all nite thing. It was really nice.
I am glad my Mom came, we had a really nice day together. As you can see below I took some Pics of her with Freggie the Veggie and the Stampede Horse Mascots. I have a fear of Mascots myself so thats why I stayed back atleast 10 feet at all times. You just never know when they will charge at you for a hug.. I don't know why its acceptable for Mascots to touch strangers.. I mean really, I don't know who is in the costume.. And why should I let them hug me.. I think I would probably be a basket case at DisneyLand... Anywhoo back to the relay
When we first walked the grounds I was taken back by all the luminaries that circled the entire track. Seeing all those names really puts things into perspective.
Then before it started, the Survivor's did a victory lap, that was awsome. I was getting all weepy, I couldn't believe how many young people there were.
At 10pm they had the luminary ceromony where everyone was lighting all the luminaries. JT had warned me about this because it was so sad. They had bagpipes playing, then a moment of silence, then a lady sang Amazing Grace.. Well if you weren't teared up before, that song will do it to you..
Tara had mentioned that we should have a pride Relay team next year. I think that might be fun, we'll have to see.
Well off to soak my sore and tired feet. As John Candy would say...
My Dog's are Barking today....
Margo
1 comment:
What a wonderful experience for you and your mom to share! My girlfriend and I always talk about doing that walk/run. Maybe next year will be the year we finally do it. The pics are awesome, what kind of camera phone do you have? Hubby has one and all the pictures look like crap!
Post a Comment