Friday, May 13, 2005

is it being frugal or self sufficient.??

I am taking a break right now from taking off my winter tires and putting on my summer ones. Why you might ask am I doing it, and not driving to a garage? Well the main reason is that because I can, secondly is why should I pay someone $30 for something that I can do myself.. So I guess the answer to my question is a little bit of both. I am cheap and independant equally.
It wouldn't be so bad of a job if the dork from Crappy Tire that installed my winter ones wouldn't have tightened the frigging lug nuts so tight that it would take me jumping on the tire wrench to loosen them.. I mean what an idiot.. So I have been working on this little project for the better part of 2 hours. (part of that was washing my summer rims with a scrub brush so that they will be all shiny when or if I ever get done)
Well I have the passenger side on and have the drivers side lug nuts loosened.. ready to be jacked up and changed out.. I am sure my neighbors are wondering why I am out on a friday nite jumping up and down on my car... I am sure I look like loser.
Now I am taking a break from the sunshine to have a cigarette and a cold drink before I tackle the other 2 tires.. I am hoping the hard part is done..

Wish me luck....

M is for mechanic.

1 comment:

JT said...

Well, good for you. I would be too lazy to even think of doing that. Hell, I am so lazy right now, I'd hire someone to turn down the bed. Who's party y'all going to? What does "wing girl" mean?
be still, yellow one!