Monday, May 23, 2005

Green Thumb?? Too soon to tell.

I went out and picked up some flowers for my hanging planters and my front flower bed. First I consulted with my mom and stepdad as to what was a good choice. They both suggested Petunas. Apparently these bloom all summer, are cheap and pretty hardy.
Well that was enough convincing for me. So off I head to Golden Acres which is right by my house and there was friggin traffic jam to get into the parking lot. I don't like flowers that much so I decide to head to Superstore as per JT's suggestion..
I get there and I am on a mission to find the ever elusive Petuna.. My mom said I should look for this certain type of petuna, but of course when I ask the dumbass Stupid Store employee he didn't know what I talking about but he point me at this big table of Petunas. Not sure if they were what Mom was talking about but at $1.49 for six I thought what the hell, and grab 3 trays. Then I bought a big red plant.. it was $5.95.. I must be getting old cause I cant remember what kind it was.. Maybe Marigold? Anyways grabbed one of those for my front flower bed..
Well I got them all planted and so far they look good. I just got to remember that the planter boxes have to be watered alot.. I killed off all the ones that I planted last year cause I kept forgeting to water them.. I will have to put a sticky note on my fridge so I remember..

I also have a little bundle of chives in my one flowerbed. I have never done anything with them since I moved in so today I cut them off and chopped them up.. Man they smell good. Maybe I will dry them out so I can have them on hand next time i have a fancy dinner party.. lol

oh almost forgot, I also planted a abunch of sunflowers down at the end of my yard.. Tried to grow these before too. Killed em.. Will try again.


Off to watch TV.. keep forgeting that its monday. Probably nothing on.

Later gator.

M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always kill my plants, inside and out. (Mostly out) I am more of a shrub/tree person. Or food. I can grow food. The only thing worth weeding is something I can eat. I'm still procrastinating! Got my laundry all caught up though!

JT said...

Geranium do you mean? I bought 10 of those fuckers yesterday.Geraniums are good, they will last until frost, so are pansies and petunias, and marigolds. I love the smell of marigolds - smell like skunk.
no blog tonite, gotta get to bed, going to la ronge tomorrow.