I went into to see what Amazon had for stuff.. Its funny, since I registered everytime I log in they give me recommendations.. Ah computers gotta love em.. Or should I say gotta love Cookies... Cause when I logged in today, it came up with a bunch of lesbian movies as recommendations.. I don't remember what I bought last, but it must have been lesbian.. lol..
So anyways, I was in looking for that Weiner lady that JT keeps talking about. I thought I would order her book 'Good in Bed'. While looking for the Weiner I discovered that all the lesbian movies that I have on VHS are now on DVD and holy crap the prices have come down. When I was first looking for lesbian classics like 'Desert Hearts' and 'Claire of the Moon' (dreadful movie now, but when I first saw it, it was awsome, since it was the first lesbian movie I ever seen.. Thats another blog.. You should have seen me at Blockbuster trying to rent this movie without anyone knowing it was one of 'those movies' thank god for internet ordering lol ) the movies were going for like 50 or 60 bucks each, now they are anywhere from $10 bucks to $25 bucks..
Anyways.. I ended up ordering 2 Jennifer Wiener books, Good in Bed and In her Shoes, and 3 DVD's - 'Incredibly True Adventures of 2 girls in Love', 'Desert Hearts' (Classic - Highly recommend it) and 'If these wall could Talk'.
I got all of this for 70 bucks Canadian.. Holy shit.. 3 movies and 2 books for $70 bucks.. pretty good deal and that includes shipping..
I have all of these movies on VHS but for some reason I feel that I should own them on DVD, Maybe its the good lesbian in me trying to support people who are making these movies in the hope that maybe they will make some more..
Oh as a sidenote, today I figured out what I am sure millions already know.. that you can type an internet address in the address bar without having to type the WWW first... Man I feel like a knob.. how long has this worked?? You would think I just logged onto the world wide web......
Well one thing is for sure I will never be typing WWW again...
Ciao.
M
4 comments:
She has turned off the comments for now...so you can't
Hey, you should get Lianna - it's a sister movie, remember? check out the reviews on amazon, everyone loves it, and it's on dvd now... get it, darn it... and kd lang's salmonberries, just to see how bizarre it is.
Hey, Velma doesn't mind you posting pictures of her child?
I just picked up Jennifer Weiner's books (In Her shoes and Good In Bed) also, from the library. I also got the Augusten Burroughs books JT has been talking about. Maybe JT should start a bookclub? haha!
Post a Comment