Time to start - been trying to do the 5-10 fruits and veggies a day thing, but i usually end up with 4. anyway, just think, nothing is better than your own baby potatoes and baby carrots, and fresh dill, and your own lettuce, and onions, and fresh peas in the pod, and fresh beets.. can't you taste it now??
I planted my garden yesterday...I went a little nuts this year! I planted everything I could think of, cukes, corn, beans, peas, spinach, chives, dill blah blah blah! Nothing tastes better than fresh veg that you have grown yourself. (Ever had milk soup? OMG!!) If you take your grass clippings and dump them between the rows, it smothers most of the weeds while still providing drainage. It's how I weed my garden haha!(OMG I know too much about that kind of stuff!) I would love a pond if I didn't have kids. I would sit by it and drink coffee in the morning, with my dog. I have decided that when they leave that is what I will have instead of the kid-pool. You could always put a pond in and plant a few herbs around it, sort of the best of both worlds! You have a nice backyard!
5 comments:
garden - weeding is good exercise.
But I don't eat vegitables... lol
Time to start - been trying to do the 5-10 fruits and veggies a day thing, but i usually end up with 4.
anyway, just think, nothing is better than your own baby potatoes and baby carrots, and fresh dill, and your own lettuce, and onions, and fresh peas in the pod, and fresh beets.. can't you taste it now??
I planted my garden yesterday...I went a little nuts this year! I planted everything I could think of, cukes, corn, beans, peas, spinach, chives, dill blah blah blah! Nothing tastes better than fresh veg that you have grown yourself. (Ever had milk soup? OMG!!) If you take your grass clippings and dump them between the rows, it smothers most of the weeds while still providing drainage. It's how I weed my garden haha!(OMG I know too much about that kind of stuff!)
I would love a pond if I didn't have kids. I would sit by it and drink coffee in the morning, with my dog. I have decided that when they leave that is what I will have instead of the kid-pool. You could always put a pond in and plant a few herbs around it, sort of the best of both worlds! You have a nice backyard!
where the hell is your blog tonight?
Post a Comment