I took an extra day off so that I could have a 4 day weekend. I don't have any major plans for the weekend probably doing yard work.
Most people go camping this weekend, and I got to tell you I think they are crazy unless they have an RV to sleep in. My idea of good camping is 25c weather, no chance of snow and a cooler full of beverages.. With the weather in Calgary the only thing you could guarantee is the beverages and it would probably be too cold to enjoy them..
So I am trying to decide what to do with my yard.. The bottom part of it (see pic, don't mind the long grass thats another weekend job) used to be a parking area so there is more weeks than grass.. my dog basically uses it for a bathroom. I thought of putting a garden in just to fill the space with something other than weeds. Well my mom talked me out of that, she said I would have to rototill it and then roundup the area and wait till next year or 'I would regret it' that is a quote.. lol Apparently I would be fighting weeds like crazy.. So I thought do I really want to look at a big mud pit for another year.. Plus I can imagine my dog would just love that..
So plan B. When I built my deck I also planned to put a pond in the bottom part of my lawn. I thought I could have a little waterfall and stuff. I think it would look really nice, just don't know how much work that would be.. I can also imagine the dog having a hayday with that.. going for a dip everytime he's out in the yard.. lol
Anyways, I guess I will have to think about I will keep you posted on the progress..
Ciao,
Margo
No comments:
Post a Comment