Better late than never. Here goes my recountings ep 12 of my show. Not a bad show. But I was hoping for the end of the season to out do the beginning... as you can tell it hasn't.
We start out with Jenny (Ugh.) Going into what looks like a scuzzy strip bar.. She couldn't pick a nice one like they had the lap dance in.. no she goes to the depth of hell for what it appears to be a job.. Oh what do they have instore for us now.. I am scared..
Bette has decided that she can look after her dying father better than the hospital so she is getting her living room ready for Melvin. She has hired a nurse but still not a good idea.. Kit agrees with me and is protesting asking Bette if she really thought this through. Of course Bette pulls an alpha on Kit and thats the end of the conversation. Really though would you want that dead person vibe in your living room? I sure as hell wouldn't ...
Bette basically cares for her dad the whole episode with the help of Tina for a bit. Its nice to see Tina supporting her and dissing HellNo in the process. This caretaking is also not making Bettes boss very happy, and he wants her to take a leave of absence.. Of course Bettes says she doesn't need it... Hate to break it to you honey, from next weeks previews I don't think you are going to have a say in it.
Anyways Melvin hangs on till the end of the episode when he finally says goodbye. (I raise my glass to your Ossie) Not literally, he takes a breathe looks at a pic of Tina & Bette and goes. Kit and Bette have a really touching moment with their dad after he passes.
My friend Kara was tearing up as any normal person would during a scene like this but not me.. I don't know what the hell was wrong with me but I couldn't muster up a single tear.. This coming from the person who cries at long distance commercials. Kinda freaked me out really, I am going to have to watch this again when I am PMS'g so that I can give it the tears it deserves.
For some reason the Perv has been reaccepted into Shanes heart. Not sure why.. Jenny still hates him though. Weirdness.
Very little Danish time this ep, but they run into Sweet Lara at the planet finally. She has only been working there for like 2 months.. She must have been hiding in the kitchen with her sweet little truffles. Anyways, she comes over to hug Dana.. Alice is givin her looks that would kill the whole time.. Love Alice..
Lara and Dana catch up in a cute way. Would be cuter if Alice's heart wasn't being crushed as a result. Lara asks Dana for dinner, Dana says yes with her eyes, but wisely asks her better half for permission.. Lara clues in they are a couple .. Alice graciously says that Dana doesn't have to ask for permission. but Everyone including me isn't buying it... Good call though Alice. Dana really does seem to be oblivious to Alice's reaction.. It pains me to say this but Dana is acting like a dumb jock... Still love her though.
Dana is in the bathroom shaving her legs getting ready for her big dinner.. Alice asks the question we were all thinking.. why are you shaving your legs?? Dana just brushes off the comment.. Bad Dana.. We all know that a leg shave before an outing is a 'just in case shave'... Don't want to be caught with stubble.
Dana and Lara have a great dinner, reminicing about old times.. meanwhile Dana's cell is ringing.. Apparently Dana is late to meet Alice (they are meeting Jenny at the strip club. You guessed it Jenny is stripping .. Rather badly for a bunch of scuzzy ass men..)..
Alice is stressed all to hell, meanwhile Lara is making the moves on Dana and asks her for another dinner , To Dana's credit she says, she says its not a dinner its a second dinner. IE. Date. Lara doesn't apologize, and her intentions are quite clear I am afraid.. I can see this causing some bumps in the newlywed bliss.... I am torn.. I want Dana together but if Lara is the reason for some drama and I get to see Lara and Dana nekkid.. I think I can live with it.. Cause we know Alice will get the girl in the end..
They do end on a sweet note. Alice is at home .. sad... Dana comes into the bedroom...
Dana: "Alice, what happened?"
Alice: "I was calling your phone; you weren't answering. Where were you?"
Dana: "I was there. Where were you?"
Alice: [pausing, stuttering] "I... I thought I lost you."
Dana: "I'm right here. [whispering] I'm right here."
But for how long.. that is the question....
NEXT WEEK ON THE L WORD(courtesy of Scribegrrl)
L is for labor. Tina's labor, my labor, every viewer's labor in getting through this helenish/hellish season. The one good thing? Heart. Right on. See them live before you die..
M
No comments:
Post a Comment