Saturday, May 21, 2005

I think I need a professional.. Martha Can you hear me???

Its kind of funny that JT and I are on opposite blog times. He is posting and reading at midnight and I am bloggin at 7am. JT, you asked where my Friday post was, but I did one yesterday already so what do you want from me.. I ask.. What??? lol Just being dramatic.
I guess last couple weeks I have been chatty so I may have formed a precedent of multi post days.. Can you imagine if I actually get a life, you may have to wait 2 or 3 days for a post..
So anyways, yesterday was pretty productive. I got a lot of yard work done. Went to crappy tire and picked up a bunch of yard stuff including fertilizer.
Shit that stuff is expensive, little bag cost 18 bucks, but it was Scott's which was the most expensive. Kara said it was the best and who am I to question Yoda.
So I fertilized my front yard have to wait till tomorrow to water it, I hope it can spruce it up.. Want to do my back yard but with the dog I will have to wait. then I planted some grass seed on the parts of my lawn that have been abused by meathead over the winter. I tried planting new grass last year but with no luck, hopefully this year it will work. I weeded my front flower bed and planted a lovely red annual (forgot the name) in a pot that I have on my front steps.. Again I tried this last year but the thing just wouldn't grow. So this year I moved it to the front of the house, maybe I will have more luck.
As you can probably tell I don't have much of a green thumb. I have managed to kill off these ferns that I planted, I planted a couple hostas when I first moved in and I don't see any signs of life this year.. maybe they are late bloomers. I planted sunflowers which are supposed to grow like weeds.. No luck there either.
One thing I did have some success with was this climbing vine thing that I got from a coworker. I planted it beside my deck to climb up the privacy wall that I put up. Last year it almost covered the whole latice wall. This year I am praying for full coverage.
I built my deck the first year I moved in and I just love how it turned out. I will post a pic cause it is my pride and joy.. Built it mostly by myself had a little help with the railings but other than that I designed it and built it. The front railing is called the chippendale design. I was originally going to do that for all of the railing but after it took 6 hours to cut the angle of the 2 x2's I decided to put lattice up for the rest .. Still looks good though. When I originally built it I planned to put in french doors, So after a year of having to walk around the outside to get to the deck I was finally able to cut a hole in my house and put in french doors where my spare window used to be. My dad did most of this when he was out cause I didn't want to screw up cutting through the wall and because as stubborn as I am I know when I need help with something or when something is out of my league..

So anyways,, now that I have all the framework for my yard I am kind of at a loss for what to do with the rest of it. I really think I need to hire a landscape designer to tell me what would work. What trees may look good. Where a pond should be placed etc.. I wonder how much that would cost for a consultation..??
Thanks to Roxanne and JT who both voted for putting in a garden. I will take that under consideration
:)

So here are some pics of my lovely deck. Is it strange that I am so attached to it????


M

No comments: