Saturday, May 14, 2005

Ah the tires beat me..

It really sucks getting old..
I have had back problems for a long time and no its not from age, I was in a car accident back in 1988. Someone ran a red light and t-boned me going 50. Wrecked my car and in turn my back. (Funny side story, the person who hit me and the person who I sued turned out to be JT's wife's cousin.. funny when I met her we were all out at the bar and we got to talking about stuff and it came up.. SHe said ' I was the one that hit you'... I said ' You were the one I sued'.. I think it was funnier for me than for her.. lol )
At the time the doctor said that my bottom two vertibrae were crushed, but that I was young enough that they didn't want to do surgery. So I went to physio every day for a year, had a spinal tap.. blah blah
Basically I learned how 'not' to move so that it wouldn't throw my back out and really its not been that bad..

So ffwd to last nite. Hauling the tires in and out of the basement was definitely how 'NOT' to move because after I was done, I could tell I did something to my back.. Then this morning I had to roll out of the bed to get up... Feeling a bit better, took a handful of advil and I think they are kicking in..

Like I said age didn't cause the bad back, but I think it sure as hell helps it out.

M

No comments: