Tuesday, June 28, 2005

old navy rocks. Oh and I rented my suite. yahoo.

Well its another rainy shitty day in Calgary. We got another 2 inches or something of rain since last nite and its still pissing down cats and dogs as they say.. I wonder where that saying came from? Anyone out there know?

Well I took a little road trip tonight over to Market Mall to return a pair of capris that I bought from Old Navy b/c some of the stitching was coming out (It was also an excuse to pop in on Rochelle at work. We ended up going for dinner at moxies while I was there). So I return them and luckily found another pair (along with a whole swack of goodies that were all on half summer clearance) and when they ran them up they were only 19.99. I originally paid 29.99 (reg 38.99). So I saved another ten bucks giddy up... I got a tshirt for 6.99, 2 tanks with the built in bra thingy for 14 bucks, got a sports bra for 7 bucks, and I got this really comfy pair of cropped trackpants I don't think they were on sale but they were only 24 bucks. So all in all my bill was like 85 bucks. Pretty good deal me thinks..
Also when I was over there I met my new tenant to have her sign the lease and get my money. So thats over and done with for 6 mos anyways and now I can enjoy my vacation coming up at the end of the week.Oh I am sure I can find something else to worry about, but the imminent worry is gone for now.

Ok, so Rochelle and I are going away for a few days over the next week and we are not sure where to go. I originally thought Sicamous would be nice b/c everytime I have gone its been beautiful. But as luck would have it its supposed to be butt cold next week (16c which is like arctic for there) so now we are setting our sites to the US. I checked the forecast and its supposed to be in the low 20's in Glacier park which is better than overcast and 15c.. I just really need to find some sunshine, cause I tell this rain is starting to make me a little nuts.. I will need a rubber room pretty soon.
Anyone have any other travel ideas that are not too bad of a drive from Calgary? By that I mean no more than 12 or 18 hours... Maybe I should just keeping heading south until the temp reaches 25c and sunny then I will stop.. lol Sounds like a plan.
UTAH here I come!!!



Margo

5 comments:

JT said...

First off, you lucky bugger - I'd kill for an Old Navy connection! Second, I say you drive south and go to Colorado and New Mexico, my dream vacation spots. Well, NM more that Colorado, but Colo. is closer. South Dakota/Mt Rushmore/Sturgis area is actually really frigging nice, which you wouldn't think - it's great romantic camping/little cabins everywhere, perfect for a couple of sisters to stop in and love it up.
What is with the cool weather???? I don't believe it will warm up, I really don't.

Anonymous said...

I don't know of anywhere where it isn't frigging raining! The sun is supposed to shine here and be 25 tomorrow, but by the time you get here, it will probably be gone!

Cool savings at Old Navy!! I wish we had one here...that and an IKEA and I would be in heaven, oh and maybe and Olive Garden and Red Lobster. Then GP would be perfect.

Head for Carmel. Heather went there last year and every time I think of a dream holiday, I think taht would be an ideal place. Beautiful!

Good luck on your holiday plans, let us know where you decide to go. You could always go to Fargo!!! hahaha

cutie1964 said...

I'm going shopping at Old Navy as soon as I hit the city on Thursday! I had only been thinking about replenishing my kids' wardrobes but methinks I must do some shopping for myself now!

I sure hope you find that sunshine - I haven't been too many places in the US so I'm not very helpful there - Seattle & Portland are nice, tho! Not very reliable weatherwise. You should come up north sometime - if you like camping/hiking, Tumbler Ridge, BC is awesome! Anyway - happy and safe travels where ever you go!

Cheers!
Heather

cutie1964 said...

Carmel was incredible but probably more than that 18 hour drive! Went to the Monterey Peninsula with a bunch of girls I grew up with - celebrating us all turning 40 last year! It was a hoot! LOVED the wine tasting tours, miles of silky, white sand, majestic, gnarled old Cypress trees...I could go on & on, LOL! Remind me to tell you the story about my lesbian girlfriend and a hot waitress...

Anonymous said...

Hey JT don't fret, you have some ON friends and family week postcards coming your way, they are good for the first week of August..

Ok Heather now you have to tell the story of your lesbian friend and the waitress.. lol

Thanks for all the suggestions, We will keep you posted on the travel itinery.

M