Sunday, June 05, 2005

Raindrops keep falling on my head, and my petunias are floating....

Well its still raining.. I was all excited about a couple days of rain, but come on this is getting ridiculous.. they say its supposed to stop sometime today.. I will believe it when I see it.
So I had a couple people come by to look at my basement suite, the first one was this newfie girl, she seemed ok and seemed interested, but I think she would be really anal about things. She was supposed to call back on Friday never did. Then this other guy who I think would have been a good fit, seemed like he was going to take it, then he decided to take another place yesterday. So I am still renter free,, well its still early, I won't stress about it.. Really I won't.. Ok Maybe I will.. Ya I know I will. oh well whats life without stress..
I had a good day yesterday, Rochelle and I went out to my moms for a bit to pick up a plant that my stepfather was giving me. I think he said it was a Mum.. Hope I don't kill it.
Then popped over to my sisters (sounds like a family day eh? lol) to see the little dude. He was just being fed when we got there so I got to finish feeding him. He is so damn cute.. He was in a great mood too, played with him on the floor for quite a while.. I can't get over how he is growing.. grabbing things like crazy.. He is going to be crawling before you know it..
Then I did the unthinkable.. went shopping on a Saturday. Original plans were to go to Ikea and Jysk (strangest thing, they opened up a jysk in the same mall as the new Ikea.. whats up with that? I thought Jysk was the small town version of Ikea.. anyways).. Just ended up going to Jysk bought a cool cafe' looking chalkboard for my kitchen, a stainless steel solar patio light and a stainless steel garbage can with lid for my bathroom, I am hoping this will deter meathead from dragging out the contents of the garbage looking for kleenex..
Made a really good supper, bbq steaks, even had fresh chives for the baked potato.. mm thanks to Kara for showing me the way with the BBQ.. I am pretty darn good at it now.

Now this morning, I am once again up early, made it till 630 this morning.. I guess thats progress..

M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went shopping here yesterday too and almost had a grand mal seizure in the crowds! I ususally do all of my shopping during the week in the morning when all the hoodlums are in school (or sleeping it off! ha!)
I bought a chrome cart for my not yet bathroom, and my kid tried on clothes.
Good luck finding a renter! I used to be a property manager, be patient, the right one will come! You don't want another "Pacific Heights"...be picky!