Well I feel like a dolt. I had to read Roxannes blog to find out that there has been a state of emergency called in Calgary. Well actually it was JTs blog where Rox asked if I had been evacuated, I just thought she was being dramatic since I posted some pics of the rain, then my Dad calls (he beat me to it since I was just going to call him for fathers day) and he was asking about the evacuation.. I am like what are you talking about?? So I check the news and sure as shit there was 2000 people evacuated by the elbow river. apparently the river rose like a metre yesterday.. and the Glenmore reseviour rose like 2 metres and was close to going over the top..
Well the moral of this story is I have to tune into to local events so people in other cities and provinces aren't the ones telling me whats happening here.. lol
Good news is its not supposed to rain today infact they say it will be sunny and 21 today.. I will believe it when I see it.
Well not much to say today. Think I will watch some news and catch up.
Margo
3 comments:
Me? Dramatic? hahahahaha
Gawd - sounds like the dragon boat races in Calgary will be more like white water rafting!!! Do they still have those there? Used to paddle in Vancouver - what a hoot! Hope you find some high ground!
Cheers!
Yes they have the races, not sure if they are in July or Aug though.. hopefully we will have some sun before then to dry this up....
No your not dramatic at all Rox.. not at all.. lol
Margo
Post a Comment