I am in a bit of a pissy mood tonight. Had an ok work day, only to have a shitty afternoon.
I am going out of town 3 days next week and 2 the week after..
I am stuck now for a dog sitter. His hair is cut and everything.
He is not that bad. He is housetrained. Doesn't chew. Only barks when the flyer dude or Jehovahs are at the door.
I never ask anyone to babysit. Been 6 years in fact since I last asked anyone. I should have left him at my dads would have been easier except I would have missed the little bugger plus didn't want to do the 16 hrs drive so soon.
Kennels are ok, but because I am leaving at 4 am on tuesday I would have to put him in on Monday, then couldn't pick him up till friday after work cause I won't get home till late on Thursday. The next week he would have to go in on Sat and I couldn't pick him up till thursday nite. Too long me thinks..
I was talking to my mom and she made the comment 'Well animals are a big responsibity.' No shit. I have had him for 10 years I think I know what kind of responsibility they are, and like I said I NEVER ask anyone to look after him unless its been a work thing which like I said was 6 years ago.. No choice.
While I am at it another thing that pisses me off is that he is not allowed inside my moms house .. ever. I have no problem with that, I respect peoples houses, BUT.. my sisters dog is allowed in her house. the only difference her dog is smaller. mine doesn't shed, isn't more dirty. just bigger. Oh well not going to go there.
I think I am done bitching. I know my sister sometimes reads this..Oh well. Just venting. Not meant to start any shit.
3 comments:
I have the same problem when I travel...pet sitters. I have a houseful though.
I don't want to board my pets. I luckily haven't had to in years.
Sometimes if you call veterinary hospitals, the techs or assistants there sometimes do that for part time work. I used too, and many I worked with did.
Might give it a shot. If you trust the staff at your animal clinic. :o)
Thankfully, I have a dear friend who watches my dog when I go out of town, which isn't so often anymore, but for awhile it was almost every weekend.
Moms always have the ability to crawl under your skin with just the right comment at just the right time...
Maybe check with your local SPCA, sometimes they have people (or know people)who are willing to dog sit for a few days. Is there any way he can go with you? I'd offer but I'm probably farther away than you are going!!
I hope you find a dog sitter! Try Extra Strength PMS relief for your other problem. Man, I'm just full of advise!
Oh and you have been making me totally jealous with the awesome looking meals! We've had rice for the last three days. Not because we like it so much but because we are lazy and rice is fast.
Oh wow, I won't even comment - i remember the situation 6 years ago, on top of others. Just ride it through. get Rochelle to watch the dog, how about?
Anyway, just chill and don't say anything you will regret. Let it go, as Luba said. Starting something with Velma will just turn into a big thing, so let it go.
Post a Comment