Well I am up in Edmonton till Thursday afternoon taking a course from work and I finally figured out how to get the dial up in the room working.. I tell you why I am using dial up instead of high speed in a minute as part of my story of how the Edmonton house Suites suck ... or as Alice on the L word.. its Poopy shit!!.
I drove down last nite after work, got in around 8pm. So I was pretty tired when I got here, so I check in and ask if the bell boy could get a luggage cart to help me with the big ass kennel in my car. (in case you have missed the last few posts I had to bring Meathead with me, which is the reason f830or staying at the Poopy shit hotel, I was originally supposed to stay at the Macdonald Hotel.. MMM luxury..) So anyways the front desk lady said there weren't any down but she would get someone to find one... So I am waiting and waiting.. Its like 830 and still not carts and there are other people waiting too. I am getting royally pissed off so I decide to take the dog up to the room so he isn't in the car any longer than he had to be, and I come back down and wait. then I ask is there a Bell Boy who can help me bring the kennel up to my room. Well apparently the Poopy shit suites doesn't have BellBoys..But she says this itty bitty front desk lady could help me.. I am like no don't worry about it I will wait, didn't want to hurt the girl.. Finally someone (not a bell boy mind you) finds a couple carts so I am on my way.
Getting settled in my room, its pretty much what I remember No frills but functional and clean (JT should remember how shitty the sofa beds are.. lol)
First thing I notice is that the only coffee I have in my room is decaf.. that will nothing for me so I call down and ask the front desk if someone could bring me some high octane. He said the housekeeping were gone . I said well can they bring me somebefore 7am. He was kinda crusty and said ya I guess.. WTF..? (luckily someone had slipped a couple packages under the door this morning before I got up)
So anyways at around 10, I was hungry and thought I would go grab an order of fries from the restaurant that is supposed to be open till 11 pm, well the damn place closed early.. so I asked if there were any other places/vending machines.. Nothing.. So I was stuck eating sunflower seeds and drinking the diet coke that I brought with me.. Whats with no vending machines????????
So I get into bed which I originally thought was a King, turns out the fucking bed is 2 doubles pushed together with king sheets on it.. To make it worse the left side is about 2 inches higher and hard as a slab of granite.. thank god I am sleeping alone cause if Rochelle had come she may have hurt herself falling off the her side of the bed lol. I mean what hotel trys to sluff off 2 doubles as a King..? If I didn't have meathead I would have moved myself over to the feather bed luxury of the Macdonald..
Oh well atleast I have meathead to keep me company. He seems to be doing ok, has eaten much except the dog biscuits he got in his little doggie gift bag when we checked in (he also got a couple olive green dog dishes and a lovely multicoloured place mat.. Lucky dog)
So other than that all is going well here, Hot as shit though 29c today.
The course that I am on is going to make my brain come out of my ears, too much info.. too little time. I am sure it will be good once we are done.
Oh almost forgot, the reason I am on dial up is because they only have high speed in the fancy non dog rooms.. again I say WTF?
Well gotta go. Too much computers today.
Ciao.
Margo out from the city of Champions..
3 comments:
There is nothing worse than a shitty hotel stay! I have NEVER in all my life heard of anyone shoving 2 double beds together and passing it off as a king! Edmonton House Suites eh? Are you right downtown? I hope you and Meathead have a good stay, in spite of the Poopy Shit Hotel room! Keep us posted on your adventure!
Always wondered what that hotel was like - i will wonder no more and remember never to stay there! I'll be at the Ramada July long weekend for the WTF Taekwondo Jr. Nationals. My oldest is a black belt. Is that the only hotel that will take pets? Rox & I were tempted to meet you there and take your puppy home with us until your travels were done!Try tp have fun!
Cheers!
Heather
yes the hotel is a couple blocks from my work bldg downtown. I am actually not sure if other hotels take pets.. they probably do, I never thought to look since I had stayed here b4 without too much drama..
This hotel isn't all that bad, I make it sound like there is roaches or something lol. If I was paying for a room I would probably consider it cause it is cheaper than most and you do get a separate bedroom/living room and there is a kitchen. Just with work paying for it why go budget?? lol
You guys should have come down for a visit, JT could have met us and we could have all gone to JT's fave teenage haunt.. 'Cafe Select'. We thought it was so hip and cool when we came here in High school.. probably wasn't lol.. I should go there for dinner tonight and bring some deep book of poetry to read so I could fit in with all the pompous asses that hang out there and drink wine lol.
M
Post a Comment