Monday, June 13, 2005

I got busted.... by the smoking police..

Funniest thing happened this afternoon. I was smoking out with a friend out front of my building, it was pissing rain and windy so I decided to smoke in the corner by the door that is kinda sheltered. Well this is a no smoking area as can be seen by the sign that says NO SMOKING.. But you see it was raining really bad so I thought fuck it I am not getting soaked.
About half way through the smoke this big ass rent a cop comes out with a clipboard and asks my name.. So I tell him and he starts to write down my name, he even has to ask how to spell it (loser) then my number and floor that I work on. Still just being a prick. Then he proceeds to tell me the obvious that there is no smoking. and that can't we read the sign.. I said 'Can't you see the rain?' To which he wasn't impressed. So I walked down the 3 steps to the sidewalk and proceeded to finish my smoke.. and he couldn't do a thing about it since its public property.. I felt like I kid who got caught smokin in the bathroom at school.. lol A rebel..
Funny thing is, afterward I was thinking of what name I should have gave him.. First thought was Regina Falangi, then I thought Margo Montana.. Next time I will be better prepared with an alias... lol

So that was my day.. real exciting.
Now I am cooking buttered chicken.. I am cooking it myself with a little guidance from Rochelle.. I had this bizarre craving for it last nite @ 11pm, so I had to make it tonight. I will post pics after its finished along with the recipe..

Better run. Don't want to screw up the rice..

MMMMM Ciao.

M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is buttered Chicken? Recipe please!

JT said...

That reminds me in high school - you remember that time we were standing on the no smoking stoop, me, you, that guy we called Gums, maybe Claire or someone, early, early morning, and we were all smoking and that teacher woman came running up saying "butt em out, butt em out" and we couldn't understand her and we were all looking at each other saying under our breath whilst trying not to move out lips "what the hell is that weird woman saying?" And she was all "I don't like the rule either, but rules are rules" so we all just hopped over the divide and they couldn't do anything since we were no longer on the stoop? Ah, good times. Hey, remember it was around that time that Peter Jackson cigarettes expanded into all these different varieties and were cheaper, just like Number 7's are today? I remember trying them all and saying "Well, when they finally hit 3 dollars a pack, I am quitting". LOL, it took me until they were 8 bucks a pack to finally quit, and price had nothing to do with it. Ah, good times. You know, I can still remember what every different brand I ever smoked tasted like. For some reason, I do not crave my old brand when I crave a smoke, but, for some strange reason, I always get the craving for Export A Medium King Size, the blue pack, which I smoked like in grade 8 or something and then I get the craving for du Maurier light Kings too, which is what I smoked in high school, and finally, yesterday when we were fishing, I thought I would give my right nut for a Players Light King... and I really never smoked them much, so go figure. But my menthol that I loved, well, don;t really crave them. I just ain't cravin' the Cravens... However, since I refuse to ever smoke again, this conversation doesn't matter....Anyway, enough rambling...
p.s. you should have called yourself Florida duBonet, which is the name that Maude gave her made Florida this one time when she was having this big liberal party and didn't want people to know she had a black maid, so she pretended Florida was some sort of African Royalty and had her dress up in this caftan dasheeki thingy and a big thingy on her head, and it was so damn funny.... but anyway, I digress...