Friday, April 01, 2005

Ah Friday. Pope hangin by a thread, poor woman dead, and the Fox Factor

Well its been quite the week, couple days ago Terri lynn finally passes and now the pope looks like he is ready to meet his Maker. First off I will say that I am all for a persons right to die, and while I think its awful how long it took for her to die(why couldn't she have been on a respirator so that it would have been quick and painless), I think her husband was right to take his stand. In cases like these I think that death by lethal injection would be a blessing.

Yoda's word of advice to everyone out there is to get yourself a living will, that way it will be clear what you want and your family won't be torn apart.

Ok, On to other topics. I watched this show on Wednesday quite by accident really called the 5th estate. Its a CBC news show and the episode was about how right wing and unbiased Fox news is. It was really quite frightening to see how much influence these right wing zelots have on the uninformed american public. The cbc guy was interviewing this lady can't remember her name so, from now on I will just refer to her as 'the Twot' and she was slamming Canada left right (no pun intended) and centre. She made the comment that if Canada doesn't smarten up (ie kiss the US ass) that they (being the US) will just roll over and crush us. The next pearl of wisdom that came out of 'the Twots' mouth was that we (meaning poor defenseless Canada) are lucky!!.. that they let us live on the continent. Well as you can see this twot has pissed me off. Atleast if you have such views (see Nazi Germany) you could atleast have some intelligence to back them up. Cause the next thing out of the twot's mouth was that since Canada sent troupes to Vietnam, why weren't we supporting the US in Iraq, to which the all knowing and correct CBC guy says, No Canada didn't send troups to Vietnam, to which the Twot replies I am pretty sure you did, to which CBC says No. We did not, infact we haven't sent troups overseas since WWII and Korea. This dumb bitch, sorry Dumb Twot is arguing Canadian history with a CBC reporter (you can see the irony in this since they do not teach anything but US history in the US)... Can you believe that? Well I guess I can since she is a republican, they don't seem to know their ass from a hole in the ground.
Moving on, the next person they were profiling was this psycho named Bill Oreilly, (I think thats his name) of the O'Reilly Factor,, Man what a fucking prick. If there every was a poster boy for Fucked up Republican SCary assholes this guy would fit the bill, (again no pun intended) . I don't know how this trash is passed as news, it more like an hour long Replublican TV ad. He is definitely scarier than the Twot as I think more people think everything this prick says is the gospel.. With the climate that is currently in the states, it scares me to think what this country will be like in 50 years.. Do we have another Nazi Germany coming. With the US taking over all countries in the world that don't believe in their republican religous views? They definitely have the firepower to stomp across the 49th parallel in into downtown Toronto, Who is to say that they won't just do that because we (as in Canada) haven't bent over and let George Bush give us one.
Ok this whole rant makes me sound anti American.. I am really not, I am anti - Republican, Anti Bush, Anti Bible Belt, . But US folks in general who don't fall under one of the categories above I love like a neighbor. Especially The gals from the L word. How could I not love someone like Erin Daniels.. :) But I digress.

Here is my my plan as Canadians we build ourselves a big ol Canada wall similar to the Berlin wall, stop all oil, grain,cattle(if they ever reopen the border), Water etc from the US. Hell most of the stuff that we buy is made in Asia anyways, the only thing that I need is US TV, but I guess I could download that from the internet.. Sounds like a plan.. Everyone pick up a shovel and some rocks and lets start building... !!!

2 comments:

JT said...

Whoa, someone is full of piss and vinegar today! I so agree about the Fox people. Scary mother fuckers, and ever since I got stopped and interogated at the border, I am weary of Americans.
I am really upset about the Pope for some reason. I feel really unsettled, like this is the beginning of the end or something. LOL, I still carry my Book of Revelation stuff with me from childhood, true.
Hey, did you see that I responded to two of your previous posts?

JT said...

GO TO AMAZON.COM AND SEARCH "LIANNA" - IT IS NOW ON DVD, AND THE CUSTOMER REVIEWS ARE RAVES. WERE U THERE WHEN I RENTED IT BACK IN 86 BECAUSE THE TITLE WAS THE SAME AS THE NAME OF MY OBSESSION? AND THEN LORI S. CRIED AFTER BECAUSE HER MAMA WAS A LESBIAN? ANYWAY, CHECK IT OUT, IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE WONDERFUL, AND I AM ALWAYS A HUGE LINDA GRIFFITHS FAN.