Well I have to comment on this weeks episode. While I am happy that Tonya is gone, I think the writers did a piss poor job on writing her out.
This brings back flashes of the crappy way they dropped Lara from the show. No explanation as to why Dana didn't run after her after she came out. nothing.
The Writers have a history of dropping storylines, leaving things hanging in order to move along to the next story. This happened last season a bit, but it seems to be happening more this season.. I think they are trying to do too much with too many characters and as a result are not doing justice to any of the characters. I mean do we really need some creepy voyuer living in the tool shed? Or do we need to see the TOE Jam man giving it to Kit? After seeing the preview for ep 7 I am fearing that we will have yet another story line to deal with, that being the ex wife of Helena.. I mean its only an hour long show and we already have our hands full with our beloved main characters. The writers should focus on the girls and give them believable well written storylines that are not so choppy and fragmented.. Maybe one solution is to knock off this different producer each episode because although it may be artsy, the continuity of the show suffers from it..
anyways here are my rantings on the Dana/Cat Killer breakup ........
Come on.. I mean it started out as an excellent dramatic moment with Dana (have I said that Erin Daniels is one amazing actress, superb comic timing and she do drama with the best of them; Plus she is a hottie) pouring her heart out then they had to ruin it by the cameo of some non celebrity like Melissa Waters? I mean What the Fuck. Have you seen Melissa Rivers?? She looks worse than her mother with her eyebrows lifted so high you can't tell where they end and her hairline starts... Are we supposed to believe that Tonya has been dating her or did they just fall in love on the court. Either way it completely negated an awesomely acted scene by miss Erin Daniels and turned into some farce..
If we had to put up with a character like the 'cat Killer' for the past 9 episodes I think we deserve an exit that is in keeping with her character. ie Tonya should have had a meltdown and proceeded to taking Dana to court sueing for alimony or something like that. That would have been a plausable reaction for her character.
Don't get me wrong I am glad I won't have to see Ton Ton anymore (hopefully) but I think if they would have exited her in the 3rd episode and maybe dealt with her trying to sue Dana or something in the 4th episode then have a judge throw her case out, That would have been believable closure. In addition we could begin the real Dalice relationship by the 4th or 5th episode.
Ok I am done ranting, till next week when the L word will likely piss me off again. I don't know the show better improve cause we have already flew through half the season and there has only been 2 episodes that I would want to watch again... On the bright side 'One Miss Lara Perkins' is supposed to grace our TV screens again in one of the upcoming episodes.. that should make up for a little bit of the garbage I have had to sit through...
Well On with rest of my day.
Ciao
3 comments:
I wish I had a show that I obsessed over like that - Everything is boring, from Survivor, to AR. Fat Actress makes me laugh, but I like Curb Your Enthusiasm better. Anyway, I haven't seen Queer as Folk for years - are those sisters still married on there? I liked them ladies.
I kinda stopped watching QAF when L came on. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy the show but as I didn't relate to the lifestyle that was portrayed on that show I didn't obsess about it. Plus the little lesbian content was rather boring. I think that Lindsay and Mel had broken up last time I saw it cause Lindsay had slept with a man. But I couldn't tell you whether or not they are together again. I think the new season starts this summer, apparently its the final season. I hope we get 5 seasons out of the L word..
Well honey, from your lips to God's ears. Hell, I just want Danger Bay to be released on DVD and I'll be happy. Hey, Future Shop has Nnacy Drew and Hardy Boys on DVD! LOL, it looks so cool. But back to Danger Bay - we get it on Deja View, and I must say that I really love it now. It's cheesy, so maybe that's why. I always love how there is some renegade whale at the aquarium that threatens the kids or something. Now if we could get that show, One Day at a Time, Facts of Life, and Quincy all on DVD, and maybe a season or two of Hart to Hart, Daddy will be happy!
Post a Comment