I finally broke down, its been about 6 months since I cancelled my cell phone. I have not been without one for nearly ten years, but I wasn't using it so I decided to save th 25 bucks a month. I really didn't miss having one either, there may have been a few times that I had to use a payphone but nothing major. Well this week I was perusing my companys employee website for Cell phones (2 guesses what telco that I work for). I check this regularily, (as JT knows I am a bit of a tech geek) just to see whats new and cool out there when I see this really nice phone (http://www.cellphones.ca/cell-phones/phone/259/). Its not a flip phone like you see everywhere but rather a slider phone, the front face place slide up to reveal the keypad. Anyways that was cool but not enough to lift my self imposed ban on cell phones. It was the fact that it was a MP3 player that got me. How cool is that a phone that you can listen to you mp3's on, especially since I have been tossing around the idea of buying a mp3 player. This phone also has a camera and video camera, which I suppose could be useful, but I have a digital camera so It will probably never be used.
anyways back to my story. This phone was 299 minus the 150 for signing a contract. I was quite surprised that the employee discount was so much cause the retail price is 399 (our discounts for cell phones are not that shit hot normally). So anyways after debating all day monday I finally clicked the submit button and ordered the phone.
Well I got it on wednesday and spent the whole nite trying to figure out how the hell to get music on my phone, you see LG decided not to provide the USB cable that you need to upload MP3's from your computer basically rendering this feature useless, which pissed me off cause that is the main reason I got the phone. So I stopped at a mobility store to see if I could buy one and they guy said they didn't even have one listed in the computer.. wtf?/ So I came home and searched online and couldn't find one either.. Off I go to london drugs to see if they sold one but was told that it wasn't a standard USB that I would have to buy an LG one. (Would love to but the assholes don't sell em...) Anyways in a last ditch effort to hear the music, I asked if they made any sort of memory card reader that I could transfer files frm my puter to the memory card (which by the way is the same as a camera memory card) well wouldn't you know it they do, in fact they had a Kodak card reader and it was on sale to boot. So I bought it for 29$ making sure that I could return it if it didn't work.
I got home and figured out how the reader worked and copied some music to the card, plopped the card back in the phone and wouldn't you know it ..... I got music!. I was able to store 55 songs on the 256kb memory card. As well I didn't even realize this phone had external speakers which sound pretty damn good so I don't even have to use a headset ..
Well thats my story in a nutshell. I probably still won't use my cell phone for calls but man will I have the music in me.. :)
Margo
1 comment:
Hi Honey - Your cord issue about them not selling it reminds me of my lightbulb issue - i'll blog it tomorrow.
Glad you enjoy the phone. Life's too short, enjoy the phone! Viva la phone! OMG, someone read my blog, commented on the router thing. Freaked me out.... I just wrote and wrote and wrote tonight. Memories honey. It's all about the memories.
Have a wonderful weekend. boogie on reggae woman.
Post a Comment