Thursday, April 14, 2005

the Great Canadian Sponsorship Scandal -- Who the Hell is Gomery?? -- Wedding Bells may not be ringing for Sally and Mary after all......

Ok I really haven't been following this sponsorship scandal, but its kinda scaring the hell out of me because of this scandal the Liberal support has dropped in half and they are talking about calling an election in June.. (I don't quite understand how the whole Canadian election thing works.. I mean Paul Martin was just elected last year.. Why are they allowed to call an election so soon.. Maybe I should brush up on my political prowness.)
The liberal goverment for all their flaws are a million times better than the Right wing Bush loving Conservative party.. I mean really what politician hasn't taken some sort of bribe for political favors?? I am sure the Liberals didn't invent this phenomenon..
As a result they are saying the popular vote is swinging from the Gay loving Liberals to the bible thumping, antigay marriage Conservatives.. This really scares me. If this happens I am sure they will move mountains to ensure the definition of marriage stays as a Straight privilage..I don't need my government telling me who I love is wrong, or that I can't marry them legally because some Christians are saying that if we let gay people marry it will completely take the meaning out of the word.. I don't get this arguement...
If your straight marriage is that fragile that a couple lesbos tieing the knot is going devalue your precious 'sanctity of marriage' then really it must have not been that meaningful to start with.. I didn't realize that 'we' Gay Folk had that much power...
The legislation that is being passed by the Liberals is not making any churches perform gay marriages.. Its up to the individual church to make that decision. So we are not forcing any religion to change their beliefs. We just want to right to get married either Civil or by one of the great progressive churches that welcome us.. Who is that harming.???

Ok I am off my soap box.
I better run. Survivor is on.. ( Ah I miss Amy from last season.. Too bad there aren't any Sistas running the show this season..)

M

No comments: