Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Loyal - What kind of L Word viewer I am.... EP 8 Va va voom.

First off I should mention that this blog is coming to you from my deck, its a balmy 14c in Calgary today and I thought I would get some fresh air. Got to love the wireless age.
ok onto important things..

Episode 8 rocked.. One of the best episodes I have seen this season, probably the second best.
I will cover off the other characters before I get into the details of My Dalice.

It seems that Sex on Legs (Shane) and the pervert have become friends since he saved her from getting the shit beat out of her last ep. Wonder if how SOL will feel when she finds out he has been taping her every move for weeks now..?? I am sure it will send SOL spiralling down again. Cause this episode we see SOL going to confession and we find out she has had a pretty shitty life and why can't people quit wanting sex from her.. Maybe because she invites them in ?? Ya think? Sorry I know SOL is troubled, and I feel for her.

Jenny,,, Oh what can I say about Jenny except that the weird one had very limited screen time relatively speaking anyways. Hallelujah!! There is a God. Still too much and too weird but atleast we are moving the right direction.

Bette Tina.. Moving closer to making up but not quite yet. The evil yet sexy Helena is still in the way but Tina seems to be noticing that this girl is lucifers daughter. It was pretty evident when at the end of the show all the girls didn't show up to her little house warming party in favor of going and hanging at Bettes.. Thats the way the show should be.. More group scenes. It was a very moving moment anyways and a nice way to end the episode. I hope they get whoever wrote this episode to do the next 5 and all next season.

Ok onto important matters. Dana and Alice.. Ah.. could they be any hotter together?? You know that was a rhetorical question cause it aint possible. We are treated to the opening scene of them waking up together with Alice spooning Dana. Alice starts working her mojo and they are both getting into it as are we the loyal viewers until Dana notices the time. The following conversation ensues : ( thanks to ever talented Scrrrribegirl from Afterellen.com for the dialogue)

Alice: "God, don't freak: it's Sunday; we're allowed to get up late."
Dana: "Alice. It's Monday."
Alice: "No. Mm-mm. No, it's Sunday."
Dana: "Alice, think about it. Yesterday we got brunch delivered, and then the night before we watched Saturday Night Live."
Alice: "Right! Oh fuck! Oh my god, I have my KCRW thing tomorrow. I haven't come up with a single idea. I'm totally fucking up! Oh god. What am I gonna do for my audition? A once-a-week three-minute culture spot. Right. I need fuckin ideas."
Dana: "People who ruin their lives because they can't stop having sex?"
Alice: "Okay, that's really not helping."
Dana: "I'm sorry. Look, you're not the only one who's blown off important things to stay in bed fucking for five days, okay? I should be training."
Alice: "You should always be training."
Then dana reassures Alice by giving her a kiss and offers to make coffee.
Have I said that these two are adorable..?
Cut to..
Alice trying to write her commentary for the radio show while dana sits on the bed lifting really tiny dumbbells.. Alice is being Alice.. Funny as hell. While she is reading she is talking in what she calls her radio voice. You would have to hear it but its funny as hell. Dana naturally calls her on it asking why she is talking like that.. lol Like I said you would have to see and hear it. This kind of natural exchange is why I love these two. Seems so real...
Cut to...
Dana is watching some cooking show while Alice is still working on her notes. She reads some of her stuff to Dana who tells her thats its good but its not funny. Alice says its not supposed to be funny (alice is getting annoyed cause I guess she wants to be serious) to which Dana says that Alice is naturally a 'Funny Lady' and that its one of things that she loves about her.. Then Alice says in a pouty face that she doesn't like Dana very much right now.
Well rather than getting pouty herself Dana says 'It makes me so hot when you are angry' (oh my god can this woman be any sexier?????) and begins to pull Alice closer so that her legs are wrapped around Dana's waist.
Alice: "You're totally topping me again."
Dana: "I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you through the feathers, pillow queen." (Maybe I am dense But I have no idea what Dana means by this.)
Alice: "Have you always been a top?"
Dana: "I'm not a top."
Alice: "Yeah you are."
Dana: "Nuh uh."
Alice: "Yeah you are."[pause]
Alice: "You know what I want you to do?"
Dana: "What?"
Alice: [low, in Dana's ear] "I want you to fuck me really hard with a strap-on."
Dana: "I don't know if I could do that."
Alice: "But you're doing it right now without even using one."
Dana: [smooch] "Okay."
Alice: "Yeah?"
Dana: "Twist my arm."

Again I think you would have to see this scene, but man oh man.. (seen the preview from next week and it seems the happy couple goes shopping... and its not for new clothes.. 2 guesses what they are shopping for.)

Cut to..
Alice getting out of the shower, Dana notices little love bites all over her.. Alice says 'oh ya, I thought those would go away...' Dana not impressed says 'You knew you did this to me?!?'
Alice says 'Well I wasn't doing it on purpose, you bruise easy' to which Dana says 'Im not the only one'. This is when Alice notices that shes got huge ones on her neck.. lol Love Alice.
Alice begins fretting about her interview and Dana says well thats just radio, that she has photo shoot for some magazine. The only thing that was kinda distracting in this scene is that Dana decide to pee while they are having this little tiff. (I don't think I could ever pee like that in front of anyone.. )Then she proceeds to leave without washing her hands... Ew. But I will forgive her cause she is my Dana...

Cut to..
Alice is in the Planet still working on her thing, when in walks Gabby.. this is the toxic g/f from last season.. Alice seems kinda uncomfortable and annoyed by Gabby.. (aren't we all) Gabby says shes in love and Alice says she is too, but for some reason she doesn't tell Gabby about Dana. Then Alice asks who is her new 'Paramour'.. Well who doesn't walk in but Dana's first love.. our beloved Soup Chef Lara from last season.. (Have I mentioned that Lauren Lee Smith is amazing??) I know this is a fictional soap opera type of show. but really Lara would never date anyone like Gabby.. But I digress.
After seeing this Alice makes a hasty retreat after Lara asks how Dana is doing. Could this be foreshadowing of bad things to come..? Most likely. I am not sure who I want Dana with. I was a huge Lara fan last season, but after seeing Dana an Alice's journey this season, I am really rooting for them.. I am sure Lara will cause some bumps but this is a drama so I suppose thats required. I think though that Alice and Dana are destined for each other and will be like Ross and Rachel from Friends.. Finally getting together in the finale.. Although I hope that day never comes :(

Cut to..
Alice is telling Dana about her new KCRW show, which is all about connections. Well done, Alice. Dana tells Alice she's proud and then does a sexy funny radio announcer voice that is pseudo-British and much nicer than Helena's accent despite its dorkiness.
Dana wants to know what made Alice decide to talk about the chart. Alice tells Dana about Gabby, but not about Lara. Boo. If you know so much about connections, Alice, why don't you know that that little omission is probably going to come back to bite you?
Dana thinks that they should not be friends with their ex's, then Alice asks what about Lara? Dana says she hasn't thought about her in a long time but she thinks they could be friends, but she won't if Alice doesn't want her to... Alice looks sad by this.. Me thinks this is some more foreshadowing of a rocky road ahead.. Might be a bumpy ride, but a fun one if there is some hot Dana Lara sex.... Ok I digress.

Well thats it in a nutshell. I can't believe that Dalice had this much screen time. Still pales in comparison to Bettina and the weird one, but we are heading in the right direction..

Oh almost forgot tonights viewing had a new first time L viewer. My friend Kyla's friend straight friend Becky popped in to watch about half way through. It was kinda funny cause we had to explain the 'L Word Viewing Rules'. Well they are basically my rules cause I am a freak and don't want to miss anything. (even though I am taping it and have d/l the episode)

The rules are as follows:

  1. No talking (no exceptions) when either Dana or Alice is on the screen. Especially if there is nudity involved. The punishment for violating this rule is death..
  2. Moderate talking or comments are allowed when either Shane, Tina, Bette or Sexy Carmen are on the screen.
  3. No rules when the weird one or the Perv (this rule also applies to all non essential characters such as Sandra Bernhard or the Toe Jam man) is on the screen. This time is usually reserved for letting the dog out, refreshing your beverage or having a bathroom break.

If you follow the above rules you are welcome to come enjoy the L word at my house.

I think we may have freaked poor Becky out with all the SHUSHING we did to her whilst watching the show.. lol But the rules are the rules.. I guess we didn't scare off Becky completely because she is coming next Monday to watch again.

Onto other Non L Word related life events.... ( Bless you if you are still with me, I know this is a long one.)

Kyla came over early on Monday before the L word cause she just bought a guitar and had asked me to show her some chords and teach her a 3 Doors down song. The song we learned was Leaving London. Pretty good song, and plus it only had 4 chords so it was good beginners song. Kyla picked up pretty quick too. So i gave her homework to practice the chords and the song for an hour a nite till next Monday when our next lesson is. I also learned how to play Kryponite(I love this song, reminds me of sexy little bar owner I once knew. It was her fave song for a while so of course I loved it).. pretty cool, it was surprisingly easy sounded cool too. I really enjoyed playing guitar again. Haven't played much in the last couple years. I even had my fender and amp out and was playing some good ole rock and roll.

I had a Shitty day on Tuesday, don't know if it was hormonal or what but regardless it was bad. One of those days that I was ready to walk from work. Too much bureaucracy, too much micromanagement.. Enough said. JT noticed my mood cause he was emailing like someone with turrets, and my responses weren't the robust ones he was used to. So finally I said that I would respond once i got home, that I was having a bad day. He said 'I could so tell'.. Ah god love him. JT knows me better than anyone.. :)

Well today is Wednesday, today was better. Still busy as hell at work but better.

I think I have said all I have to say to I will end this now.

Peace Out

M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that Helena should be reffered to as Hellno from now on seing as she needs to be deleted form this show so Tina can take her rightful place with Bette...

Anonymous said...

Okay, the feather queen..in reference to Alice always being on the bottom with her head in the pillows!! (hence the reason Dana is defending the comment thrown at her from alice for always being on top)....just a reminder to alice from dana that she is on the bottom ...probably with her head in the pillow squealing and sighing in ectasy).
Your blog was great!! I loved it! Becky..he hee hee... and yes...I learnt the song...and my fingers are killing me. I have played it 8 times..got it pretty quick...but I have not been practising an hour a night...out busy with Becky. lol.