Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Calling all Gay and Lesbian Americans... Welcome to Canada!!

Just read Ro's blog today about Texas passing a law to prevent homosexuals from adopting.. I was going to say I can't believe it, but I so can, considering that George W is from Texas. Will the ignorance and the Hatred ever end?? As a result ........
I am sending an invitation to all Rainbow Flag wielding sisters and brothers from the US to move to Canada.

Its really not as cold here as the world thinks. I mean we get hot beautiful summers here. No we don't live in Igloos, although we do get a bit nippy in the winter months, but no worse than NY or Chicago.

We have plenty of real estate available, wide open spaces, Gorgeous mountains.

We get all the American TV Channels so you won't have to endure Canadian programming, & you will still be able to watch Survivor and Law and Order.

We speak the same language, grant it you may have to learn how to properly say 'Eh' but that will come with time.

We can marry in most provinces, (except the redneck one I live in, but give it time that will change too). Gay Adoption is legal here.

In exchange the US can have all of our right wing redneck religous Conservatives.
I think its a fair trade don't you??

We can have our own little homosexual Utopia.

Ya I am liking the sound of that. I mean everyone wins.

I think it would be great to move up the numbers from 10% of the population to 30 or 40 %. It would make it a hell of a lot easier to find a date. :)


Come on Down America.. Canada Needs you..

Margo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such a kind invitation! I am truly afraid that if the media keeps giving these morons the soapbox to stand on that moving may become the only option for anyone with a heart or conscience. I used to think we should pick somewhere to build a wall and throw people who think like this over it, but I never dreamed they could hijack an entire nation this way!

JT said...

Margo baby, you exquisite beast! Now don't poo-poo Canadian television totally to our potential new citizens - I live for reruns of Degrassi and Danger Bay, and I mean, King of Kensington is always good for a laugh, isn't it?
I agree, move to Canada everyone! Or, as a drunk/high Liz Taylor would say "Move to Canada, y'all, y'all, y'all!"