Well I had a sorta productive day yesterday. For some reason I got the spring cleaning bug and kinda went crazy in my kitchen. After some of the housecleaning I have been doing for extra money I had realized the people don't wash the top of their kitchen cabinets. Let me tell you there was some nasty nuclear grease atop those cabinets, and these houses were what I would consider clean, but I guesss people just don't bother. Anyway to avoid that mess in my house and having to use oven cleaner on the cabinets I decided to get up on the counter and see what sort of damage their was. Well it was pretty bad as I hadn't washed up there for over a year, but it hadn't gotten to the point where I would have to use a razor blade to scrape the grease off.. Maybe if I cooked more it might have been worse, but I digress. Anyway my kitchen cabinets are spot free. Well this started what ended up being a kitchen scrub down. Washed all the cabinet doors and then decided I needed to clean the blinds. I hadn't washed those things in probably a year an half.. and man were they in need of it. There has got to be an easier way to clean them but I don't know it so there was washing each blind one by one, took forever. Because I didn't take them down I ended up getting the window dirty as hell so I had to clean the windows. Keeping in mind that I have crappy sliders so I had to take panes out making sure I remembered what order they were.
Anyways the window and blinds are clean, maybe I will keep on top of dusting those blinds so I won't have such a mess a year from now.. time will tell.
Well that was interestng as hell was'nt it JT. Sorry I couldnt be more interesting, my life is pretty bland. Oh my tenant finally paid me rent too last nite, I was getting antsy about it again cause he was here all day on friday and yesterday and he hadn't bothered to come up the stairs to pay me. Whats with some people. Anyways I got the money and I can be stress free till next month. who am I kidding, I am sure I will find somthing else to worry about, but it just won't be the rent. lol
2 comments:
Hi Honey - for blinds, just take them down and soak them directly in the bathtub full of hot water and your favorite cleaner or ammonia, if you can handle the fumes. Cleans them lickety-split and saves you the whole blind run-down. Back when I used to smoke, and when I still smoked in the house, back when we lived in the apartment, I used to do this always to my kitchen blinds, because that is where I smoked, in the kitchen, by the computer, next to the window, and they got so freaking gross, and the field around the building blew in dust all the time... yes, the tub trick worked wonders. Anyway, too tired to blog on me own tonight. Did you notice I commented on your old posts??
Night
yes I saw them, I actually get all comments emailed to me so I won't miss them. I would love to try to the tub thing but my blinds in the kitchen are 6 ft wide so that wouldn't work form me..
Post a Comment