I just read Jann Ardens latest journal entry.. God I love her. She is so real, that sounds corny but its true. JT & I could go for coffee with her and it would be like we went to highschool together, totally same outlook, sense of humor.. lol she was talking about the Junos and the whole red carpet thing. SHe didn't do the red carpet, but she said that Mulroney probably wouldn't have wanted to hear that she was 'wearing' Winners.. lol Gotta love winners, and you gotta love Jann's unpretentiousness.
Just to recap yesterdays events, my Mom, sister and I did a whirlwind drive up to Edmonton to have lunch with the family (grandma, aunts, cousins and their new babies). We left around 930am, the little dude was on the cranky side for the first hour and half, but by red deer my sister topped him up, and he seemed ok after that, slept the rest of the way. It was kinda funny cause I was sitting in the back with him and when we stopped I passed him to my sister and bonked his head on the roof of the car. Then my sister proceeded to bump his head 4 or 5 more times by accident of course. It was actually quite funny(thank god the roof is padded).
We arrived at lunch at this little small town restaurant that my gramma goes to every day for lunch. it was weird cause you were still allowed to smoke there. (we had a back room cause there was like 10 of us so the smoke wasn't around the babies). My cousins were there with their kids, one was 10 mos and the other cousin just had her little girl 3 days before. Man I don't think I would want to be driving an hour with a newborn 3 days after giving birth, but she looked really good. Her daughter and my other cousins son sure have a lot of black hair.. Poor little dude (my nephew) is 5 mos and is as bald as captain Stubing.. mind you I think hes the cutest of the bunch :) The little dude did really well though since he was being passed around to all these people he never met before. He was laughing and smiling.
Anyways we had lunch, I had fries and gravy since I wasn't that hungry but man were they good. You know the good diner type of food. Don't find that in Calgary much, the fries here have skins on them and the gravy sucks. this was good down home greasy food..
After lunch we visited, people took tonnes of pictures and then we said Ado. we were only there for like 2.5 hrs then headed back to Calgary. It was a good day though cause its been like 6 years since I was back in Breton (town I kinda grew up in) We drove by our old mobile home that we lived in when lived there.. It was really depressing, totally run down, looked like trailer park trash with dead cars on the lawn and such. Oh well still nice to go down memory lane, even if memory lane included the Tavern that my dad spent far too much time in..
Anyways the drive home was good, the little dude slept till innisfail where my sister had to feed him, and then the last hour he was pretty good except when my sister and I had to sing to him to keep him from screaming. I learned that I don't like Raffi, which is what my sister sings to him> He takes normal songs and changes to words so I didn't know what to sing. so I was humming basically. it was fun anyways cause it stopped him from crying..
well I better go, am cleaning a house today. Don't feel like it but got to pay for that fancy phone of mine.
Ciao. Peace out.
m
No comments:
Post a Comment