Sunday, April 10, 2005

Knick Knacks should be illegal...

I cleaned a house yesterday with my friend Tonya, (this is a weekend side job I do to save extra money). We normally do what they call move outs, when the house is empty usually a rental, but this one was a spring clean. Now first off I can't seeing paying someone to come in and clean up after me so I don't quite understand why people do. Maybe they have money to burn I dont' know anyways..
These people didn't have money to burn but their Mother (senior, maybe late 60s early 70s) comes to visit from Manitoba every year and I guess every year she cleans their house, washing wall etc.. but this year her husband said your not cleaning the house cause you come back tired from your vacation, if you want it done you should pay someone. Enter me and Tonya.
I can't imagine my mom coming out and cleaning my house on her holiday.. So I don't know how these people could or even let their mom pay for it but anyways. We show up and the daughter and soninlaw (i will call them the lazy tits from now on) were heading out cause I guess the sight of cleaning must wear them out as well. So we are left with grandma following us around.
They wanted the walls washed blinds everything, but they were told by the owner of the cleaning company that we do not take down pictures, so of course when we get there all the pictures are still on the walls.. And I mean every wall. I have never seen so many pictures in one little house there must have been 4 on each wall, and nevermind the 500 that were lining the hallway walls. So gramma is working on taking them down while I start washing walls ( did I mention they had cats.... Fucking hair everywhere) well Gramma is in my way, this house was not huge to start with plus they had huge furniture so I am tripping over stuff including gramma and getting pissed off really fast. Then gramma is asking me ' have you cleaned this, have you cleaned that?' Man just let me get my work done already....
In the meantime Tonya is cleaning the fully developed basement, and is luckly avoiding the Gramma inquisition. Lucky Girl.
Oh back to the Knick Knacks.. they were everywhere, and there wasn't even any rhyme or reason just random knick knacks everwhere, just another place to collect dust.. luckily for me gramma was clearing some of the clutter for me. Why do people feel the need to fill up every possible nook and cranny with tacky shit..? These people weren't old either I always thought this was a symptom of being old cause you have had 70yrs to collect all the crap but no these people were in their 30's..
I think we should pass a law stating its illegal to have more than one item of tacky shit per room in your house. This would declutter people and make them more productive members of society dont ya think?

Back to my story. 2 and half hours in the lazy tits arrive home and lazy tit husband proceeds to knit pick,( not to be confused with knick knack) the way we are cleaning.. he is re washing walls and going around saying ' there is a spot on that wall' To which Tonya says rather curtly 'thats because we haven't cleaned there yet...' lol I find it facinating that a man who apparently hasn't picked up a duster in more than a year is all of a sudden the cleaning expert.. ironic isn't it.. or the other explanation is that he is just an asshole.. ya thats it, the lazy tit is an asshole. I feel better after saying that. lol
Oh almost forgot when the lazy tits first came home Tonya was cleaning in the basement and when she came out to see the family there she said 'Can anyone say Garage Sale??' LMAO, that is probably why the lazy tit was being such a prick... leave it to Tonya to speak her mind.
It turned out alright though cause when we were leaving granny slips us a 20 dollar tip, which was pretty good of her I thought. I hope they don't turn on the ceiling fan in the kitchen cause in our haste to get out of the knick knackhell we forgot to clean it.. oops. well it will serve the lazy tit for knit picking my wall washing abilities..

m

1 comment:

JT said...

Hey, I used to clean houses too, so I know what it's like. You know, at this point of my life, with the two little ones, and preggie Rachey, I would so get someone to come in on Thursdays and do all the floors and the bathrooms. Oh course, Rach thinks that is horrid and would never do such a thing, and that also it would never feel really clean unless you do it yourself. I agree too... but it's just so tiring lately to clean after these lil' ones. Di you read my FIRST blog on Saturday, where I explained why I didn't comment on the Edmonton trip? LOL, I was so mad when that happened. oh, and speaking of PAM, I SAW FREAKIN' PAM TONIGHT - 20 years later, I see her... oddness, isn't it?
So tell me, Margo, what cleaner do u use for walls? I find nothing, and I mean nothing, beats ammonia, and I will tell you why - it is cheap and it does not streak - it gaunrantees streak free cleaning, is the best grease cutter and wax stripper on the market, and can be used for everything. Be careful of the fumes though!
Well, better run, Alice!
xo
JT