Monday, March 28, 2005

Monday- Pt 4 of a 4 day weekend.

Remember my last post I thought that I might be forced to watch Taxi on pay per view cause nothing else was on? Well i watched it yesterday and I thought is was pretty good. Queen latifah was really funny in it. I was totally not expecting to like it, I recommend it as a rental.
I went out for easter dinner at my moms house yesterday. My mom got her internet working so I showed her how to d/l music and how to transfer to her MP3 player.
In the meantime my brother Raymond, my brotherinlaw Dwayne and my stepfather were debating on whether or not the govt should be giving out heroin for free to addicts as they are apparently doing in Van. Raymond was for it and dwayne and the stepfather were against it. This argument sorry debate lasted a good hour. I didn't really know the fact so I didn't want to get into the conversation. So I slip out for a fag in the garage and the stepfather comes out and says he can't believe the Raymond is a liberal. I should tell you that the stepfather is a staunch Conservative and before the party merged he was a reformer.. I should also say that my politics do not mesh with the stepfather either. So anyway he start spouting all this nonsense of how the country is going to hell and that the liberals won't pass laws against child pornography, another point that I don't know that background on so I wasn't going to go into it with him, but I doubt its as cut and dry as he was preaching. Anywhoo, I had to listen to him retell another story about the bungling liberals whilst I smoked. I then broke the news to him ( and how he didn't know this already) that I was a liberal too. If I had been drinking I may have gone into the reasons the main one being the fact that the conservative party is full of a bunch of right wing religous asses who want to save the world from all of us 'gay' people ruining the sanctity of marriage. But as I wasn't drinkin I just left it at I don't agree with the conservative agenda, and that they would not be any better at running the country and in addition they would be telling people how they should live. So after that little convo I escaped into the house and hid from the stepfather by hanging out with the little dude.. All in all it was another interesting family dinner.

this morning I am doing some laundry, and general clean up of the house. I have also buckled and am d/l Ep 6 of the L word, even though I am going to watch it tonight with Kyla, Can you tell I am an addict...

Oh as well my tenant who lives downstairs has his g/f in town and I have had the pleasure of hearing them go at it all weekend long.. Gotta tell ya I am not loving it. :(

well I had better turn the tv up so I can't hear her, she is a screamer.

ciao.

2 comments:

JT said...

All this talk of supporting liberal thinking has me wondering - are you one of them there lezzies?!?

JT said...

So let's discuss step daddy and his conservativeness. Post about what his opinion would be on various issues that usually get divided on liberal/conservative lines. I am a quasi-communist on many levels so this ought to be good to compare.
But you know, my views on abortion are turning slightly right - I am still, and will always be, pro-choice, but I could never live with the decision myself to do it, as ever since I had kids, that moment of when "life" forms has blurred - and I also think life is precious and should be given a shot. But trust me, I'd never put my rosary on someone's ovary.
Make a list of issues and let's decstruct step daddio.
OH, on a totally unrelated note, our old friend, Barbara-Ann Nateways, is selling Partylite apparently. She is having a party at Pooch's next weekend. FLy up and check it out.