Well not really, just felt like singing some Matchbox Twenty.. Yes Chunks I am awake at 3am... This time its not my fault, its the fargin Dogs fault. Meathead started barking at 2am, I held him off till 230 then I gave in. An as you all know once I am up I am up.. SO here I am drinking coffee and blogging. Finally some peace in the house. Addie is in full heat and its driving me nuts.. she has be prancing around sticking her phoof in Meatheads face for 3 days now. Until yesterday he was having nothing to do with her and was growling and barking for her to leave him alone. So we were trying to get him in the mood. Don't get me wrong, its all innocent, its just when they get jiggy they are quiet about it. I would rather have them off in the other room locked together in silence than hearing them fighting.. lol.
I am hoping this whole thing is over soon, may have to get her fixed sooner than later.
House update:
Ok I know I have been flip flopping around the last few weeks about buying a house or buying a car.. Maybe its mid life crisis or something. I blame it all on Sage getting me fixated on a garage, and being rid of Gladice...
So yesterday we went a looked at a 1300 sq foot bungalow with oversized garage not to far from where I live now. It is listed at 367k which for the size was a good price. This place was owned by an senior lady, I think she was original owner. We walk in and the lady is there, eating some soup.. I don't know about you but I don't like looking at someones house when they are home but I digress.
I have never seen a house with so much stuff. Seriously you would have to see it to believe it. She had enough furniture to furnish 3 houses. All big stuff, it was crazy. then we went into the basement which was huge but you couldn't tell b/c as you guess more stuff.. There was a fireplace down there which we didn't see at first b/c it was behind more stuff. Nice fireplace too, what a shame. I actually said to Rochelle that I thought maybe I was on one of those Selling Houses shows with the hidden cameras.. lol this is when we noticed the clothes.. the bedroom down stairs was a good size but you couldn't tell b/c of 5 garment racks with clothes, all the shelves were filled with I shit you not, hundreds of hats.. Even had a hat with little bird on the band.. lol This lady must have had a shopping problem or she has never gotten rid of any clothes she has bought in the last 70 years.. it was crazy. Then upstairs the 2nd spare room had you guessed it 3 more garment racks with more clothes. the 3rd room had a huge armoire which I can only assume was filled with more clothes and the master which was huge had 3 dressers and another huge armoire(sp?) Crazyness..
Luckily Rochelle and I could see past all this 'stuff' and could picture how much room there would be in this house.. it really would be nice.
So we get home to discuss it and after crunching numbers realize that without a suite in the new house it would cost too much.. The mortgage on the old place would go up to 1500/mo with the 100k added for the deposit for the new place, then the new place would be 1800/mo. Even with renting out the old place we would be looking at 1600/mo. We could afford it but wouldnt be able to afford anything else.. SOOOO we have decided to stay put for the time being.. I know you are all probably thinking ya right.. But for now thats my plan and I am sticking to it.. lol
So we will have to put up with the twot next door for a bit longer, maybe we could give her some of Earls black eyed pea's?? As well I am going ahead with the driveway install. Have a guy coming by in the next week to give me a quote on an install of interlocking brick driveway. Probably will cost 7000k or more but it will solve the parking problem and will keep the curb appeal up.
We also have another project in the planning stages since we are sticking around here. We are going to install laundry hook ups in the upstairs closet in the sun room. This will solve one of the issues of having to share the laundry room with the tenant downstairs.. and will give me an excuse to get a front load W/D that I have been wanting but didn't get b/c I didn't want a tenant to wreck it..
Update on the tenant search for the basement. We have had a half dozen people call on the place. A guy came by yesterday and was really interested. Seemed like a good kid (maybe early - mid twentys). He really loved the place. Even offered to install a drop ceiling in the hall and bathroom area.. lol. He asked me about the back room (Harry's room) that I was keeping for a guest room. Well right now its just storage, but we were planning on painting it and making it into a room where Dad could stay. Well he really wanted to rent it, and I said I didn't think so , and besides I would have to ask more rent if I was to rent it out. I am asking 695 right now.
So about an hour after he left he called with a proposition, he offered me 800 if I rented out the spare room as well. lol He said, don't say no right away, just think about it... He even offered to finish off that room as well. (right now its just drywalled and primed, no insulation in the ceiling or ceiling is installed right now) SO I said I would think about it. Then he calls right back to sweeten the pot.. He said that he would let my dad stay in that room for the 1 or 2 week that he is here.. lol Can you believe that?? He must really want this..
I am seriously thinking about it. I mean really that room is just a storage room for the treadmill and total gym which i haven't used since I moved in.. Rochelle suggested that I offer him 850 for the suite.. Basically he will have the whole basement (except the furnace/storage area) especially if we put a washer dryer upstairs..
What do all think? If we do get 850, it will pay the whole mortgage.. PRetty sweet deal for a space that we don't use anyways.. Just think of the renos we can do with all that extra money.... crazyness.
The only drawback is that with the ensuite taking over the upstairs spareroom, there will be no place for dad to stay. We want to eventually put in murphy bed in the sun room, but until then Dad would have to sleep on the couch. Now thats not a hardship b/c let me tell you that potterybarn couch is one comfy napping couch.. but if he brings carol I don't think it will work.. Well maybe thats not a bad thing.. maybe she will say home..??
Ok, let me know what y'all think.. feedback requested... that means you too JT..
You too Devo..
Margo
2 comments:
WHy does this guy want it so bad? What's the motivation? Hmmm. As long as your spidey senses aren't going overboard, I'd rent it out.
For the dad dilemma, get an inflatable BYOBed at Canadian Tire. You can set it up anywhere, they are really the shit. Or send him to a hotel when he visits, with all the $$ you're raking in from the rental.
I do believe things that seem too good to be true often are. Just sayin....I am commenting on two posts here!! I think Gladis is a horrid evil bitch and you are going to need to escape from her sooner than later. You must drive her slowly insane (or quickly) and then wash your hands of it if you are to survive. Let your dogs bark a little longer before bringing them in, then call the animal control people next time hers barks for 10 fargin seconds, get her as pissed off as you are I say!! have loud afternoon parties every weekend, do outdoor construction projects, and never, ever answer the door when she comes a callin!!! That's me, vindictive all the way! Drive that bitch away! haha Devo
Post a Comment