But I digress, the place was really nice, big walkin closet the Master was huge, bigger than my living room. The kitchen was really laid out well, very open, with a skylight above the island. We checked out the basement and it was huge.. So many possibilities. We had already planned the layout for the recroom and bar, spare room, bathroom and craft room.. lol
Next up was the garage..
Its a thing of beauty.. there is room for 3 cars in this thing.. could fit a convertable, my car and Rochelles work van in here. Plus a nice sized workshop. Yes this was a garage to beat all garages..
Well anyways, after looking and measuring we decided to put in an offer.. I know everyone said don't buy the first house you see but this place had nothing wrong with it, except for the bad decor and fish..
So we tell her our offer.. well I tell her my moms idea to offer 390,000. Well apparently that was a little too low in this market.. so we decide on 410,000, this is still 40,000 below the asking and the house had been on the market for over 3 mos so off we go to Tim hortons to sign the offer etc..
It was pretty funny b/c neither of had been down this part of town for a couple years and had no idea what stores etc there were.. well the first thing we see on the way to Tim's was a drive through starbucks.. That was exciting, then in the distance I see a big orange sign.. Yes you guessed it a home depot. I think I squealed when I saw it.. There was also a Sobeys, Superstore, And a safeway all in couple block radius.. crazy convenience..
Back to the drama.. So we sign our lifes away, agree to put 100000 down.. Who would have ever thought that I could say 'Yes I will be putting 100,000 down .. thankyou' Not me.
So we part ways with the realtor off to present the offer. This was at 12pm. Didn't hear from her again till 330, she tells us the sellers did not even want to look at the offer.. We were like .. WTF? What do you mean they don't want to look at it. I thought this was the part when they 'COUNTER OFFER' ?? Its a little thing called negotiation.. doing the real estate dance.. So we discuss it, and I am pissed at these people. B/c if we come back with a higher offer without them even countering our offer, then they have the power.. And although the house is beautiful, we don't have to move if we don't want too either.. We call back the agent and ask what her thoughts were, she was surprised they wouldn't put a counter in as well. So we eventually decide to up our offer to 420k. We already know that our top price is 425k and if they won't negotiate with this offer then we walk.
Its kinda cool to really not need to negotiate, its not like we sold our house and need somewhere to go. And as nice as the house is, these fish people are assholes so its probably for the best. As of 9pm last nite, (when us old folks went to bed .. ) we hadn't heard back from our realtor.. I mean really why would it take 6 hrs to tell their realtor that they didn't want to accept our offer. They must not want to sell too bad, they were just being pricks about it.
Its kinda cool to really not need to negotiate, its not like we sold our house and need somewhere to go. And as nice as the house is, these fish people are assholes so its probably for the best. As of 9pm last nite, (when us old folks went to bed .. ) we hadn't heard back from our realtor.. I mean really why would it take 6 hrs to tell their realtor that they didn't want to accept our offer. They must not want to sell too bad, they were just being pricks about it.
I had message from around 10pm from our realtor asking us to call her. Of course we missed the call so I guess I will find out later this morning that fish people said no.
I am kinda relieved even though it was a great house, it wasn't meant to be. So I will keep an eye out for that perfect craftsman house, it may take a couple years but whateva.. We have a lovely renovated house with a soon to be beautiful spa like ensuite, and lets not forget the lovely oasis of a yard with the Pottery Barn furniture to enjoy.. Even if it means putting up with The Twot next door for a few more years..
Will keep ya all posted
Margo
No comments:
Post a Comment