Start cutting
OOps Didn't see this coming.. Almost cut through a live wire.. One more life gone
Almost done. Just have to put the last bit of framing in and pop in the door. The frame leaning against the wall is what we took out of the closet in the ensuite.
Here are some pics of the latest hole in the wall. These are from the hallway where the closet door from the ensuite will be moved out the the hallway. This closet as it is, is inefficient and will be in the way of the wardrobes that I am putting in, So the idea is to move the door into the hallway to access it from there. It is basically a utility closet anyways and make more sense to have it in the hallway. The only drawback of this great design choice (other than another hole to cut in the wall) is the thermostat and as I found out the wiring for the hall light switch is in the way.. Almost cut through it with the saw, I never thought the wire would be up 5 ft high. The closeup pic shows the little gauge I made in it b4 I stopped.. There goes another one of my lives.
The thermostat wire was the biggest headache It had to be rerun up from the furnace which took way too long. Then after all was said and done the furnace wouldn't work.. After a couple calls to consult my dad and brother inlaw figured out the problem was a fuse blown in the furnace, probably as a result of the thermostat wires touching. Problem fixes luckly b/c there was a spare fuse and there is heat again.. That was a little scary.Anywhoo the door is ready for framing.. Keep ya posted..
1 comment:
That was scary for me to read and I am not sure why.
I can't believe there are white walls in your house! I mean, aren't you the queen of color? What color are you painting them? I am all hung up on color lately.
Post a Comment