Sorry my Peeps, didn't mean to worry everyone by not posting lots. Just have been crazy busy at work, and on weekends I am up to my eyeballs trying to get the ensuite finished for my May long weekend deadline.. Not sure if its going to happen.
Point form update of my last month.
- Rochelle is out on her own now. Got her own van with a squirel on the side of it holding a nut. I was glad she didn't end up with a lemur or some lizard or frog. Would not have been cool to look at that every day. She is doing really well and loving it. It is cool for me too b/c I can get a ride to work everyday and its allowed b/c I am an employee too.
- My work, new project, super busy, still dealing with the drama that is my coworker. Whatever, no need to waste time talking about it.
- Tenant downstairs. Had a bit of drama with him a couple weeks ago. He moved in on the first and is renting out the whole basement basically, well he is renting the suite and the back bedroom which we panickly finished off for him so he could move in at the first. He was being all demanding about finishing off the basement hallway and stuff blah blah . was getting on our nerves since we did him a favor by renting out the back room and losing that spacev or ourselves. Then the first week, there was a constant stream of people coming and going like a crack house. His g/f who I specifically clarified would not be living there, he said 'oh no' she won't be living here, just me... basically stayed overnight/day for 6 out of the 7 days. She had 5 pairs of shoes at the bottom of the stairs and was doing laundry/showering there.
So we thought we had better just confirm that we all had the same understanding of the rental agreement. Trace went down to talk to him and things were getting pretty heated. I heard him say that we were 'Walking through his living space to do Laundry'.. Blah blah... So when I heard his voice raising I went downstairs and said, we just want to make sure that you understand that the place is rented for one person b/c the bills are included and we don't want a bunch of extra laundry and water charges, and the parking issue. There is no parking on my street and since he moved in there was his and his g/f car parked on the street constantly.. And his apartment didn't 'START' at the bottom of the stairs like he seemed to think. I mean really this guy has pictures hung in the hallway area which is the common area of the basement.. He knew that the laundry was shared, and that we were eventually going to be putting in a washer and dryer upstairs, but its not done yet and until then we would have to come into the basement. He knew this I was verrryy clear on this point. I said of course we respect the privacy of people living down there, and usually only came down on the weekend to do laundry blah blah.. Well he asked if we could call him b4 we came down.. Can you believe that.? Bullshit.
Then there was the whole issue of the g/f.. he was all pissy saying he told me that he spends his spare time with his g/f. blah blah, and she would be there most evenings.. He never said that.. When he said he spends his time with her I didn't think it would all be at the house.. mind you I don't care if she is over, just don't want her car permanently parked on the street out front and I don't want to be paying for her laundry or showers..
SO that being said he agreed to have her park her car on the next side street, and her said she had never showered there ( I call bullshit on this one, but I didn't push it) blah blah..
So it was a bit tense and is still pretty tense< I don't think buddy likes either of us very much, and really I could give a rats ass. If he pulls any shit, i will just tell him that I will let him out of the lease give em back his damage deposit and be done with him. I don't have any worries about being able to rent the place, neither do I really need to, so he had better watch his arrogant little ass.
- Home Reno's : Borrowed my stepdads' truck on the weekend to take a load of drywall/ old doors to the dump.. Man its amazing how things just add up when you are ripping down walls and trim etc.. it cost 15 bucks to dump it.. Atleast its clean now. So while we had the truck we were going to pick up a couple new doors to replace the old bathroom door and the door to the sunroom b/c they were the ugly 1960's doors.. So we had seen a flyer for these french doors on sale for 79$ .. Went to pick them up (it should be noted that in the effort of being efficient, I removed all offending doors and took em to the dump) Well got to the store and of course they only doors they had from the flyer were 36 inch doors and they didn't have any frosting on the glass like the flyer,, if we wanted that frosting it would be special order and 300-400$ per door.. WTF?? Scam I say..
So needless to say we didn't get the french doors like in the original design plan, We ended up getting 3 panel mission wood doors and will be painting them to match the dark wood of the master sliding doors..
So as of right now we have no doors on the bathroom or sun room, can't just hang the new doors, b/c they are just slabs and have no hinges or hole for the door knob.. We could have gotten the lumber place to drill the holes, but of course they needed the old doors, which as you know with me being efficient were already sitting under 2tonnes of seagull crap at the dump..
Oh don't get me started on the freaking birds at the dump. I almost had a heartattack when we got there to dump the garbage.. I tried to get out of the truck twice and chickened out b/c the birds were swarming me.. finally got the nerve to get out and unload the truck.. let me tell you that was the quickest dump run in history, and thankfully I didn't get shit on..
- Gladice Ye old Twot.. Nothing much to report here except she is not talking to us.. Neither is Pat really, he must have gotten a warning from Gladice the YOT..( clever eh? Yot. Ye old twot , get it?? ) to not speak to us.. Really If I never spoke with her again it would be too soon.. so thats all good.
Well Not much else to report.
TTFN
Margs
2 comments:
Well thank heavens you aren't divorced or smoking crack or bleeding out from an ulcer or any of the other things I imagined. I dunno, I say kick the loser out, turn the basement into the craft room/workshop you guys want and walk around naked all the time. You deserve it.
in stoon today and back there again Wed., so I know about busy..... Hey, you can pick up each season of Brady Bunch for 20 dollars each at costco, so go do it.
This renter sounds high fucking maintenance. Boot him.
When you wrote "Rochelle is out on her own now" I gasped! Then I calmed down. I'm glad she got a squirrel!
Is the coworker the 5? The one who would choke if she knew you were an 8? Did you ever find a magic 8 ball? These are the questions that plague me.
Oh the door thing is so something we would do. I will have to make a note of that because we will be replacing all the doors in this dump too, just as soon as we get to that part of our renos.
Post a Comment