Kind of timely news since I just posted yesterday about how much of a pain in the ass the guy is downstairs.. Well yesterday he calls me from downstairs and asks me to come down to speak with him. I knew something was up since he has been all pissy this month. Well he hands me this letter advising me of his 'intent to vacate the premises due to chronic sensitivity to excessive exposure to cigarette smoke' and that he checked it out and this was a valid reason to break his lease meaning he would get back his deposit.. lol
Well first off. He knew we smoked when he moved in. His buddies were over and they were smoking.. and there is no mention in the lease that we would it be a non smoking house.. If he has this Chronic Sensitivity to Cigarette smoke you think he would make sure that it was a non smoking house..
I could have fought him on it but we wanted to kick his ass to the curb the first week after he moved in so I just went along with his lame ass reason for moving out.. Figured it will be easier to get him out without causing a big stink, who knows what damage he might do if he is pissed.. So i just kept his damage and he didn't pay this month. Leaving at the end of the month, but I did tell him that I still expected him to leave the place like he found it, clean and in one piece.
I am not concerned about finding someone to rent it, i had 20+ people that wanted to rent it last time, but this time I will be looking for someone older and less maintenance, and preferably without a car or a g/f b/f... lol Not being picky eh??
Margo
3 comments:
Oh my. This guy needs a slap. There was a similar court case in Montreal making news last week only the woman was getting kicked out for smoking. It was crazy.
I still think you girls should quit but hey, it's only cuz I want y'all around (to help with renos preferrably!) :)
one thing you should do for me, since i can't imbibe in smoking anymore, is buy a pack of Export A Medium King Size and tell me if it's as good as I remember. I know the Craven M are still the bomb, as that was my last brand, but any time I crave a smoke now, I think of old Export A Blue pack....
SMoke one for me. Then quit.
And tell me about every sweet detail.
Oh JT, you cheap little harlot you! I still like the smell even though I will never put another one to my lips again. You MUST quit Margo! I'm glad to hear the bitch from the basement is leaving, he sounds pretty high maintenance. You guys are like magnets for these Gladice types, eh?
Post a Comment