Trip to TO was good but tiring.. Definitely not a vacation. Flight was at 615pm on Tuesday, didn't get into TO until midnight, got the hotel by 1am.. Then had a meeting @ 830.. Now you all know me. I go to bed by 9pm.. and I need my 8 hrs of sleep so I was a bit off on Wednesday.. As well as being tired I was sweating like hell.. I always bitch about how dry it is here,, but fuck the humidity.. Plus it didn't help that it was 27c with a smog warning on Wed.. I could really notice the smog, thank god for the clear skies of the prairies.
I did meet a fellow smoker out front of the hotel, can't remember her name but she was from NB, Funny as hell and we seemed to be on the same smoking schedule.
One thing I did notice was that everyone seemed to smoke there.. Kinda weird since I thought they would be all healthy for some reason.
The drivers are friggin crazy too.. The one cab ride that I took I thought I was gonna die.. this guy was nuts..
As far as teh work part of the trip it was crazy busy, worked my ass off but it turned out well. We had a presentation to the VP's on Friday and we impressed the hell out of them.. And I will toot my horn b/c the bulk of the presentation I did.. I am a supa star!!
I did got to a Blue Jays game on Thursday with a coworker. I had never been so it was pretty cool to see the sky dome.. Big ass place..
Too bad the Jays suck b/c they lost 9-0 but I did meet a bunch of people in the stands. There was a group of Americans that befriended me, bought me a beer and shared their peanuts.. lol Then there was a couple in front of me from PA,,,, grad of 94.. Small world eh?
Thats about it for Toronto.. really not much more to tell. I didn't have a chance to find speakers corner like I wanted to or check out some of hip places on Yonge st. Oh Well maybe next time, apparently I will be going back sometime in the future.
On the home front my dogs missed me horribly. Dewie was the worst he didn't leave the front door until Wednesday night. So when I called Rochelle put me on speaker and I talked to the kids.. Seemed to make them happy. lol
Got home Friday at 5pm so atleast I had the evening to chill out on the deck and relax.
Yesterday was beautiful, not sure what the official temp was but it was 30c on thedeck. I had decided to stain the Gladice Lattice and the privacy wall before the plants grew on them, well one thing led to another and we stained almost the entire deck minus the floor which I will do when my dad comes out with the pressure washer.. Fucking lattice,, I tell ya not fun to stain.. Looks good though. Its a redwood stain.
Oh on the Gladice front, she actually spoke with us yesterday..Was actually sugary sweet,, Kinda freaked me out but I was nice back.. Easier being nice than hating each other.. so there is peace on Trelle for another day..
Reno update. Well Rochelle has found her calling.. Drywall mudding. She is awsome at it.. and apparently enjoys it.. talk about balance in a relationship, I hate it, she loves it.. Anyways we are very close to Priming and painting the ensuite. Which means we are also close to installing the closet system.. Yay.. no more living out of the laundry basket.. will keep yall posted..
Well thats all I got for now.
Happy Sunday Peeps
Margo
3 comments:
We've been talking about going to TO for a holiday this summer, but the humidity is scaring the shit out of me. I hate the humidity.
I'm glad to hear that you had a good time, taking in a Jays game is fun eh? Darin took in two of them when he went last fall and loved it.
I'm glad Rochelle is the yin to your yang. The peanut butter to your jelly. The Laverne to your Shirley. You know what I mean? When's the commitment ceremony? Have you bought each other rings? Can I be the flower girl?
Love ya! Glad you're back!
Well she's short enough to be the flower girl, no doubt about that!heehee. That would be something to see. Glad you had a successful trip and got to do some fun stuff too. I think the smog there must be something awful, makes one appreciate what they've got. Sounds like a good team you two got goin' there with the reno thing. I like to mud but not sand, that part sucks @#*!.
I'm scared they will get married, Chunks, because then I'd be called on to do a toast, and I'd be so panicky about it that it would ruin the ceremony, the time inbetween, coctails, and the meal. And you know my newfound emotionality - I'd get all stupid. Oh, but the cool things I could tell.... hmmmmm.....
LOL, i can so see you in the humidity and gasping for breath. Small world meeting the PA people. LOL, you know you are old when the class of 94 is also now old, and not kids.
Post a Comment