I am sure y'all seen the weather we had here in Calgary last week. Woke up to 15 cm of snow on Thurs. It was the heavy wet shit, so when I got up I saw my lovely lilac tree hanging down on my deck railings.. Nothing was broken luckily so I went out (after i blew dry my hair.. duh) and beat the tree to knock the snow off..other than getting soaked the tree just bounced back up. My front hedges were flattened it was crazy, and what was even more crazy was that when I came home from work they were all back up standing tall. Pretty amazing resilancy.
The sun finally came back out on Friday thank god.. I was getting really tired of the gray and rain/snow.
Yesterday it was finally sunny and blue skies.. It was so nice and we were finally able to swath the lawn. I even got out the weed wacker and hedge trimmers. The yard looks really nice and lush.. It was starting to look like the flop house, and I was scared to lose Addie in tht tall grass.
I also had some people come by to look at the apartment. The first guy was an older biker looking guy. Grey hair and a pony tail. Seemed nice enough. The second guy or should I say kid was so cute. He reminded me of Opie. It is his first time moving into the big city, he lives in a small town south of Calgary. Apparently he starts his new job at IBM on June 4th. I am really leaning to Opie b/c I got a good vibe about him. Will keep ya posted.
After we finished the yard stuff we were sitting on the deck enjoying a mint julep when I said that we should move a tree that is just behind the back fence and transplant it in the yard beside the guest house. Now this was just a random thought and the next thing I know Rochelle is up putting her runners on and is down digging an hole.. lol. I wasn't meaning to do it that day, but she said, 'We have nothing else to do, may as well' lol Ok I said I would be foreman b/c my back has been acting up the last week. She digs a big hole and then we go out and check out the tree. It was one that just grew from a seed off my big tree in the yard so we thought it would be pretty easy to dig up.. Of course it wasn't Rochelle dug at it for a couple of hours then discovered this huge ass root probably 4 inches or more that went who nows how far down.. By 430 we basically said fuck it. Lets buy a new tree at the nursery and filled back in the hole around the tree.. Nothing like killing time with a little digging..
We went over to my sisters at 5pm to look after the kidlets for a couple hours while my sister went out to pick up a big boy bed for Dex. It was really fun playing with the kids. Macy is getting so big and is all smiles, and Dex is a hoot. Its kinda cool having conversations with him, though I have to admit that I still having trouble translating them.. One funny thing to note is that his Dad has been teaching him to pee standing up by letting him pee in the yard. So when he came over and said he had to pee we said ok lets go in the house, he said No No No, and pulled down his shorts.. lol He was doing good too until dumb Auntie said bend over so you don't get on your shorts, well bend over to him meant squat and he ended up peeing all over the back of his shorts.. lol it was hilarious, should have left the boy alone.
Well thats the update thus far, Dewie is doing good, still hobbling but other than that he seems to be his old self.. Oh and addie took a couple nose dives into the tree hole that Rochelle had dug.. it was hilarious, he seen a bird or somethign and went running down the yard and didn't see the hole.. Went right in.. we didn't laugh until we saw she was alright.. it was freaking hilarious..
Margo
1 comment:
I saw the weather and felt for you guys down there.
Go with Opie. Where from Southern Alberta is he from? Maybe I know his people. lol
LoL at Rochelle and the hole digging. I just noticed it is raining here. Oh yay.
Mint Julep? Are you putting me on?
I'm praying for the Meat-man.
Post a Comment