Tuesday, July 19, 2005

the Yard sale that was...

Well we had the yard sale.. Saturday was a bust b/c it rained so we ended up having it Sunday..
The day started out a bit rocky.. You see we were not very responsible, on Saturday nite Rochelle Kara, belinda and I went out to the Casino. Had a few too many drinks, lost way too much money ($100 bucks for me) and ate some questionable poutine from A&W @ 3am.. (oh we also listened to a tape that I made back in grade 11 when JT & I decided to buy a few Mary Janes from a druggie friend of ours and then proceeded to sing the theme songs to Gilligans Island,brady bunch etc.. it was really funny cause JT was losing it.. He had to leave the room b/c I was freaking him out.. sooo Funny)
Anyways FFWD to Sunday morning @ 7am.. I am freakin out b/c we are not ready for sale. Haven't put signs up nothing was priced etc... then I fell back asleep till 9am.. Then the mad rush is on, it was a good thing everyone crashed at my house the nite b4 b/c I had help to haul everything out and set it up.. While Rochelle & Belinda were manning the sale Kara and I went out to strategically hang the fancy signs (with balloons attached of course). By the time we got back we already had our first customer.. After that it was a steady stream. the neighbours next door (there are about 8 chinese people living there, none of them speak english) bought a tonne of stuff, they just kept coming back.. one of them though was a pain in the ass.. she kept sayin 'Too much' Too much.. and I was like well make me an offer honey... so everytime we sold something that she said was too much she would pop her head over the hedge and say 'how much you sell' and I was like,, the price that was on the sticker. Can't complain too much though b/c they bought my tacky 80's dresser so its all good..
I actually sold everything except a couple boxes of stolen bar glasses and some tupperware. All the big furniture stuff that I wanted to get rid of, futon,dresser,kitchen table and all my ugly black laminate shit from the 90's(except for and ulgy lamp that I tried to do a debbie travis paint effect on, had to give that away .. See pic)
So long story short, my house is bare, and I have $340 extra in my pocket to pay for the fridge that I bought.. good finish to a day that started out shitty.. lol

I will post a couple pics of the sale, these were taken later in the day when most of the big stuff was gone.

later gater.

Margo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still haven't had my garage sale, I am just thinking I will donate everything to the woman's shelter. After hearing how much you made though, I am reconsidering it. Hahah! Glad to hear someone bought your "treasure!"

I would pay good money to hear that tape of you and JT....seriously!

Anonymous said...

I will have to figure out how to convert it to a MP3 file then I will send it to you.. It is pretty funny lol