Friday, July 15, 2005

We are women hear us roar... we beat the fridge.

Well went out Fridge shopping yesterday. My original plan was to buy a new fridge upstairs and move my old one downstairs.. The only problem is my cabinets are only 65 inches off the ground and the type of fridge I wanted to get is a minimun 67 to 69.. So instead of pulling a margo and grabbin my recipricating saw to cut my cabinets I decided to just buy a new one for the suite..
The first stop yesterday was Costco and as luck would have it they had a midsize fridge there for 389.00 and it is 60 inchs tall which is the size I needed for the space downstairs.. I am glad we went to Costco first. We still did go to Trail appliances just to see if they had something similar for cheaper but they didn't..
Some of the fridges and appliances in this place were amazing.. I could spend a lot of money there kinda scary actually.. I would love to be able to drop $40000 on a new kitchen set, but I haven't won the lottery yet so I guess it will have to wait.

So we head back to costco and measured the fridge and my cargo area in the car.. Amazingly it seemed like it would fit.. We got a costco dude to help us load it, and with a little encouragement(and the front seats pulled forward) the fridge was in the car. The hatch wouldn't close so I hooked it with my trusty bungee cord.. It was kinda funny though while I was figuring how to best hook the bungee we had 2 different men offer up their rope and bungee cords to us.. I thought that was very nice even though we had it under control. Must have been cause Rochelle was with me, I don't usually get offered that kind of help from the weaker sex.. lol
so we are all bungeed in and ready to go.. The drive home was interesting, with the seats pushed all the way up my knees were hitting the dash. Felt like I was a midget or something cause I was like inches from my windshield.. Had a few people staring at us as well. We actually drove by the Mazda dealership and I was thinking we should have stopped in, cause I think this would have been a great ad for the Mazda 3.. I can just see the ad, 'Buy the new mazda 3.. roomy enough to haul fridge.. Who needs an SUV with functionality like that??' lol

So we get home and of course we decide that we can move this thing downstairs. I back up on my lawn and go in and grab my trusty Dolly. Surprisingly we were able to get the fridge outta the car.. I was a little worried after the costco dude rammed it in there. We get to the back door and now are faced with the stairs to the basement, after trying to manipulate the fridge on the dolly, Rochelle suggests taking it off the dolly and sliding it down the stairs.. Well wouldn't you know it worked ..Way easier than the dolly.. So there you have it.. Women can do anything men can do.. Now the hard part will be trying to get the old fridge up and out of the basement..

Will keep y'all posted

Margo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You gotta love Costco!!! Good on you and Rochelle for being so creative in your fridge moving adventure!

I love it when you're doing something and men always think they need to help. Some call in chivalrous, I call it taking their lives in their own hands! hahah!

Did you take a picture of the fridge-loaded-down Mazda? That WOULD make a good ad!

Anonymous said...

Totally forgot,, I was kicking myself for not taking one.. would have been a good pic.