Saturday, July 09, 2005

Leg cramps is there a cure?? My dog is an asshole sometimes

Only 2 more days of holidays.. I really don't want to go back to work.. I was supposed to have next week off as well but I decided to save the week; for what I don't know..
It was really hot here yesterday, nice for a change. The only bad thing is my house heats up like an oven, it was 28c last nite when I went to bed, so I have had my ceiling fans running full tilt trying to keep the house bearable.
I have been having some awful leg cramps the last few days. not sure what the hell is going on but my one leg has been killing me. If anyone out there knows a way to combat them I am open to suggestions.. I am drinking water like crazy but its still lingering there waiting to cramp up and put me in agony..
Oh have to share another example of how retarded my dog is.. I have this little cow on a keychain that I bought from the Nutman 5 years ago. the thing is called Mad Cow cause there is this voicebox thing inside that when you squeeze it, it plays some mooing, and laughing.. you would have to hear it.. Its pretty funny sounding. But anyways ever since I brought it home my dog has been obsessed with it so I have had it hidden away in my junk drawer. I don't know what it is about it, but Meathead just freaks out for it. So last nite he some how got a hold of it, and I was sitting out on the deck and all of a sudden I hear this 'Mooooo, Moo moo, then creepy laughter' Freaked the shit out of me since it was dark outside. Then I realized that the little shit had the mad cow in his mouth.. I tried to get it away from him but there was no way.. He just carried it around in his mouth. I thought no big deal he didn't seem to be chewing on it.
So anyways, throughout the nite I heard the Mad cow mooing then this morning I noticed fluff and shit on my bed.. The little asshole had chewed the head off. I thought I had picked it all up then from the darkness I heard the Moo.. It freaked the shit out of me cause I thought he had swallowed the voice box and now was mooing from his stomach. Luckily it was still in his mouth but the little bugger would not open his mouth for nothing.. Even bit me when I tried to grab the thing.. I was freaking that he would swallow it batteries and all, and I would end up in the vets office cause I am sure battery acid is not good for the canine digestive track.. Long story short I finally won the battle and got the box away from him.. But really what a freak.. The box was just plastic, why would he be so obsessed by it??? Oh well just proves the fact that my dog is psycho and in need of medication.

Well not much else to say, wish me luck with my leg cramp from hell
Happy Saturday.
PS.. JT, Have a couple drinks for me with the old gang tonight. Wish I could make it, it would be a blast..


Margo

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish it would get hot here! We had a windstorm last night, after a calm cloudy day, I was scared we'd get a tornado! Today it is sunny but windy windy windy!

Have a soak in some epsom salts for your leg cramps. Take some Ibuprophen too. I have restless leg syndrome (sounds so lame!) it also helps to excercise them with a brisk walk.

That's a funny cow story! Isn't it bizarre how dogs will just love the weirdest things?

Anonymous said...

I actually think I have restless leg syndrome.. is that where you just feel like you need to keep moving your legs and stretching them and contracting the muscles?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's like that. Your legs feel "achy" if they are not in constant motion. I've had it since I was a kid, but it hit an all time high when I was pregnant. It gets bad when I am over-tired too. Is yours feeling better?

JT said...

Hey, you were just in the states - you coulda picked up some
"Q-Vel", which is for leg cramps.

cutie1964 said...

Lots of massages - if you can persuede the right masseuse! Nasty things - hope they go away soon!

Funny story about Meathead! Moos in the night - lol! Glad he didn't swallow the "voice box". My cat, who eats only the cheapest of dry cat food - her choice, not mine - and will drink water only, has a bizarre craving for thread - almost did her in and I had a $400.00 vet bill to prove it!

Cheers!
Heather

cutie1964 said...

You listen to country!?! Now I don't have to feel so alone!!

Anonymous said...

I read an article several years ago that spoke of how most of us are lacking potassium in our diets; even with a good multivitamin we don't eat enough other things to get the amount our bodies need. 3500 mg a day is the optimum dose.
The first sign of a lack of it is muscle cramps; besides my daily Centrum and some other odds and ends I include a 99mg potassium (cheap in the vitamin section of your choice of stores) and it has helped immensely! Beyond that the best way to get more is by eating fruit.

(http://www.vitamins-nutrition.org/vitamins/potassium.html)

Love your blog, met you at R's...

alan

Anonymous said...

Thanks for tip Alan, I will head out and pick me up some potassium.
:)

Margo

Anonymous said...

I get leg cramps at night when I am half awake and tend to stretch. As soon as I point my toes I get the cramp in the calf.

I do walk a few times a week, do leg stretches, go to the gym, use an aqua jogger in the water but I still get them. I even get them in the pool occasionally.

My doctor recommend quinine pills and when I did a search on the web I found that was also recommended.

I haven't tried quinine because I take a lot of nutritional supplements as well as cholesterol meds and just don't want anymore drugs.

If anyone has tried the quinine, I'd like to know if it helped.

I am going to try some extra potassium even tho my vits already have potassium in them.

Thanks for the recommendation.