Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Hey From Kinko's in Spokane!!

Just sitting in a Kinkos and thought I would get all the blogging out of my system since we haven't had access to internet till now.
Let me recap the events that have transpired since we left on Sunday.
We had a pretty uneventful drive down into the states, stopped at duty free to pick up some smokes and a bottle.
I bought Appletons Rum and Rochelle bought some Vanilla Absolute. Then right before we got to the Border crossing I started to have an anxiety attack about getting across the border. I had forgot to bring any paperwork for Meathead and then of course I am thinking that I won't be allowed into the US with the dog.. so a couple altoids later we are at the window talking to the Border Patrol. They were ok with the dog, but had a problem with our beef wieners and our New Zealand Apples which they confiscated.. :( I was ok with the apples (although Rochelle was alittle upset about them) So all we were left with in our cooler was some pop, beer, hotdog buns and some mayo/mustard..
Next stop just inside the Montana border we thought we would stop for a bite at a restaurant called Two Sisters Cafe... Can't be all bad we thought since they are 'Family' right? Wrong. We pulled up and got surrounded by 3 wild dogs (one, no shit looked like a friggin wolf.) So we are freakin out I am winding the windows up and the fuckin dogs are jumping on the side of my car. Rochelle is worried about my dog and I am yelling at them to get off my car. So in a panic I start my car (even though it was already running... ) and we back out like we had just robbed the place.. It was scary as shit. I wonder how many people have been chased away by the 3 cujo's.??? And to make it worse one of the dogs scratched the side of my car..

Next stop a couple miles down the road we see a place called The Taco Shack (home of the Big fat Burrito.. Mm good) So we decide to take a chance that there will not be any killer canines. Seems like an ok place at first glance, but let me tell you it was like a scene out of the Deliverance... I could hear the banjos playing... lol..
There was a hippy looking cook, and a strange mountain man who was lurking behind a curtain and would pop out and see who was there.. Maybe looking for his next victim .. .. Anyways we ordered 2 very expensive big fat burritos.. Mine had Brisket.. Rochelle had chicken. Mine was crap .. Rochelles was ok. I will be having nitemares about that brisket for months to come..

We head on through the Road to the Sun mountain pass in Glacier Ntl Park.. I highly recommend it, very beautiful. Then onto Kalispell..
First thing we noticed is that these Muricans really love their Fireworks. Seriously there was one on every corner.. The most popular being HongKong Harry's Fireworks.. I Don't know if it was just because we ended up in the states on July 4th or if these people just like blowing up things.. Probably the latter..
We stayed at the Blue and White Motel in Kalispell. Nice clean place. Had indoor pool and Sauna.. They were Meathead friendly too. The only down side was the unknown stains that covered the sides of the matresses.. We chose not to speculate what they were. Rochelle was believing they were just water stays.. I don't know, most water aint that colour..
Headed out for supper at the Los Capparallos mexican shack. Don't ask why we punished ourselves after the Big Burrito shack.. Not sure. The food was really good, althought the beans looked like a can of alpo and smelled like bacon Fat.. Rochelle enjoyed them.. The only downside is that the food really played a number on our intestinal tracks.. .. Thats a real test of a relationship if you can expell body gasses and not be shy about it.. The next day was even worse.. A song comes to mind by Johnnie Cash.. Burning ring of fire... (pair that up with toilet paper that is grittier than a 400 sandpaper ... ) lol

Yay its Independance Day.. We needed to find a Bath and Body works to replenish Rochelles stock of lotions and foot cremes.>> I quite enjoy the lotions as well especially the Warm Vanilla Sugar.. I recommend them.. And wouldn't you know it, it was the twice annual sale... so we stocked up. Spent 70 bucks, but saved much more..
On a side note. Went to the coffee shack in the mall and bought the most putrid coffee on earth.. Tasted like Hazelnut mixed with the Brisket from the BIg burrito place.. :( Blech. Also ran into a strange lady in the mall bathroom who was having quite the conversation with herself in the stall.. I was lmao whilst waiting for Rochelle, who ended up with Pee Freeze as a result of all the bathroom Chatter...

Next stop.. Heading west towards Coeur d'alene.. (sp?) pretty uneventful but beeeuuutiful Drive.. they have really nice campgrounds and bathrooms.. Ended up in Couer d'alene in the middle of July 4th celebrations.. Really nice City.. I even seen the KXLY studios and a Krem 2 news Van.. (I took pics and will post them).
So for some reason we thought it would be fun to go to the Coeur d'alene Casino, cause I had the commercial going through my head,(plus the casinos in Montana only had Keno and video Poker.. WTF is that about.?? So the yellow pages said it was just south of the city on I95.. So south we head,,, and head,.. Driving forever no casino. only a road that was getting narrower every mile we drove.. Just when we think we were going to end up in Oregon, we turn a corner and there it was in all its grandeur.. the Coeur D'Alene Casino.. 35 miles from Coeur D'Alene.. plus there was only 1 frickin road sign advertising.. We decide we need to think of a place to sleep for the night as it was 6pm and we were homeless.. So we keep heading south and after checking out a campsite which was full, we ended up in a lovely little hamlet called Plummer.. No that isn't a typo.. the place is called Plummer. The only motel in Plummer is called the Hi Way Motel. Or otherwise known as the Plummer Hilton. (see Pic).. We were a bit leary of it but we really had no options.. so we checked in and were pleasantly surprised, cute little place. No Biomatter on the mattress and a coffee maker/microwave AND fridge..
Ok I am running out of time.. I will do the coles notes version of the rest of our nite. Went to the casino. Lost money. Had really good Chicken Fried steak. Watch the crazy americans blowing up thousands of fireworks then Casino had a really cool Fireworks display.. Went back to the Plummer Hilton, had a good nites sleep and now we are sitting in the Kinkos on Division street in Spokane. Heading for Canada next.. probably Nelson, then who knows. WIll try to blog before we head home.
I will post a bunch of pics of our adventures so far..
Ta ta..
Margo & Rochelle & Meathead..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you and Rochelle (and Meathead) are having a good time! The pictures are awesome! Blog when you can and have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

I solved the Rachel/Rochelle mystery!!!