Wednesday, December 27, 2006

And the tiles went down...



Here is Rochelle cutting some tiles with her new saw. I made her a little tile poncho out of a hefty, may not be a fashion statement but it did the job to keep the water off her.








The first tiles are set. check out the fancy cut around the heat register.. pretty talented ..







































We got most of it done yesterday we left the cut piece along the one wall til today so the other tiles were set up and we could walk on them. All thats left other than that is the little bit at the entrance to the room and around the toilet area. Oh of course there is still the wall behind vanity to do, but we can't do that until I get the plumbing roughed in.
So thats the reno update, on to other things.
Yesterday we all headed out to Costco.. tip to all, go to costco on boxing day.. there is no one there. Everyone must be at Future shop.. it was great. We picked up the usual coffee and Rochelle got some scrap booking stuff, some photo paper for the new printer. It was super cheap, 16 bucks for 300 glossy sheets of 4x6 .. Check it out if you are printing pictures.
Also we picked up some under the cabinet lighting that just plugs in to an outlet. Pretty cool that we dont have to hard wire them in. That will be a project for another day.. Oh as well we actually went to Best buy on boxing day.. We need a USB to hook up the printer to the laptop and thought maybe we could just pop in to get one.. holy shit.. Dumb idea. the place was packed.. like stupid packed.. I mean really people are stupid.. the deals are not that great,, they just get sucked up in all the hype... so we just turned around and left. We decided to pop in to the shoe warehouse and I found myself a nice pair of black dress shoes for work.. they are comfy and I got them for 50 bucks..
Update... My favorite person just trudged up the stairs to join me at 430am.. Guess my luck didn't last today.. Rochelle has already gotten up and closed the bedroom door not so quietly to try to get across the point that some people are trying to sleep and that some people should shut up.. lol.. She said if she was too loud that she was going to come out and say something to her.. We will have to see if that happens..
We are under a winter snow warning right now...Yesterday with was above zero, today they are forecasting 10 20 cm of snow.. lovely.. Well really I don't care since I am off work until the 2nd.. will make it harder to do all the cuts out on the deck though. I will have to wear a toque or something along with the poncho.
Well thats all folks..
Have a good one
M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Costco on Boxing Day. Darin was there twice yesterday and said the same thing. The Tards were all at Visions and Future Shop here too.

The tile looks goddamn fabulous!! I can't even fully describe how envious I am of the two of you go-getters!

I have so much to do here. I can't even think of where to start.