Get home and start the operation.. put it in refasten all the microscopic screws.. and fuck.. the computer doesn't detect a hard drive.. so back to the computer and try again.. there was a little plastic thing on the needle things on my old drive. so I took that off and put it on my new drive and voila!! I have a function computer.. I pop in the windows recovery cd and things worked finally.. I was so friggin relieved..
Everything is back to normal with one exception.. I can't get my bloody wireless router to recognize my computer.. Had a hellava time when I first bought it .. don't know what I did then , it just finally worked.. this time no luck yet.. So I am tied to my computer room as I type this.. Oh well I guess there are worse things.. like 'Disk failure is iminent'' I will figure it out eventually
Rochelle is loving her job as a phone installer. Its nice seeing her come home smiling and excited about what she did that day. She is going to be really good at it I think.
Reno update. Well we have pretty much finished tiling the slate. Just have 4 or 5 cut tiles left and the hole for the toilet. I looks really good, weird that it makes the room seem larger.. I won't post more pics of that till we have it grouted.
Also had some success with the shower lights. I got them wired and switched and they work!! My dad and I had a little fight b/c he didn't agree with how I was going to wire the light switch.. We had a bunch of drama with a switch that we ran in the suite on the 23rd. my brother inlaw had to finish it b/c it wasn't right, and my dad wanted to do the same thing with this light.. Well I don't know much about electrical, but if it didn't work in the suite, I was pretty sure it wasn't going to work in the shower. So Off I went to look on the internet again and found the directions along with pics of how to do it properly. Why is it that men can't admit they don't know something and just look at some instructions?? Don't know. Anyways dad went off to pic up Mary from the mall and I set out on wiring the lights.. Slowly and methodically. Well here is the result.
I am pretty impressed with my self. Dad was too, he said he learned something, but that he still didn't understand how it worked.. oh well I have light!!
I am also ready to run the plumbing. I am going with Pex pipe. Its plastic pipe that will be way easier to run through the studs, and no sautering required, except where the lines will feed off the main water line.
Haven't started that yet wanted to get the floor in first. Man this project is a little more challenging that I first anticipated.. worse than the kitchen if you can believe it. there is so much more you have to consider when you are running new plumbing and electrical.. Oh well. It may take a year to complete, but let me tell you the first hot shower with the body sprays going will make it all worth it..
M
1 comment:
I am so blown away by your courage with this project. Being that we did two bathrooms, I know what a huge undertaking it is. You can rent the crimpers that you need for the piping at Home Depot. I think it's like 7 bucks an hour or something. Cheaper than buying them, they are frigging expensive.
Oh and the laptop repair? Is there anything you can't do? You rock!
Post a Comment