Friday, December 15, 2006

The Plumbing has been decided..





Haven't posted in a awhile due to lack of progress on the room mainly due to yee ole stomach pain...Last weekend got started on mudding and taping the wall I put up where my closet doors used to be.. Have I ever said I hate mudding? It really is a talent that I have accepted that I don't have. You would think after mudding 60+ sheets of drywall in the basement that I would have got it.. Nope still suck at it. I should have just hired a pro to come in and do the mudding and taping...
I have also decided on the fixtures for the shower and vanity. Can't really do anything on the plumbing until I have these so I bit the bullet and ordered them yesterday. God the internet is great.. got a great price on the Shower tower.. Here is a pic of the shower and the faucet. I was going to have separate body sprays but since I really don't know what I am doing I thought the shower tower would be a little easier on the plumbing side...
Oh I also picked up the Kerdi shower kit this week, I ordered this as well online, and ended up saving a bundle. It was supposed to be 500 which is still a couple hundred off retail, but when I picked it up they only charged me 330.. yahoo. Tip to renovators don't buy retail..
Stomach update. Been a bad week. Left work on Monday due to severe pain.. went to ER was going to be a 10 hr wait just to get in. Left ER went home slept. Stayed home from work Tues wednesday, slept in fetal position both days. Called healthlink nurse who said unless the pain is constant for 1hr at a 9-10 pain level I shouldn't go to the ER. B/c the pain came in waves and there were times it was gone she felt it was just healing, so her advice was to wait another week which will be 2 weeks since the antibiotics were finished.. lovely.
So yesterday started out pretty much the same. Always hurts like hell in the morning, but by 8 or 9 am the pain had subsided.. then was pretty much just a dull pain all day.. Very big progress I actually felt good by the evening.. Then Rochelle remembered the DR said it would get worse b4 it got better... I don't remember much b/c I was floating on Morphine during this part of the ER visit. thankfully Rochelle was there to remember..
I hope I am on the upside of this whole thing.. b/c it definitely got worse before its getting better.. This morning the pain is back.. I hope it is short lived ... and I will have a repeat of yesterday...
Well gotta go.

M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Margo, Devo and I are very concerned for you and your plumbing issues!! Are you still able to 'go'? You should probably doing some kind of stool softening to ease things along. You poor dear!

Where is this reno site where you get this stuff for cheaper? Why don't I know about it? Have you tried Priceline? We've heard you can get some skookum deals there too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you everyone for your concern, it is much appreciated..
Welcome devo, hope you pop in again :)
Will keep y'all posted