Sunday, July 01, 2007

Updat

Hey yall.
I know I have been slacking off on the blog thang, but contrary to what Chunks thinks, I am not whoring over at facebook.
Ok so here is an update in a nutshell.
Angus is doing really well. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop, but he seems like a really good puppy. No barking .. Yet anyways. They play awesome together, keep each other occupied. and he doesn't seem to be too destructive, just basically chews on the rawhides. He is also not too spazy,, Addie was a freak for the first 6 mos.. lol
oh, and he is starting to grow on me... He has won me over with love I guess.
Just started my weeks holidays and its fabulous. The weather might even cooperate.
My dad and Carol showed up on Friday nite. So far so good, Rochelle and I have been spending alot time on the deck to have some space.
My dad and I finally hung the door to the bathroom yesterday.. Its been without a door for about 2 mos.. Good thing too b/c I had the whole fam damily over last for a BBQ, and if I can toot my own horn it went really well. My mom kept saying how nice it was to have the whole family over, and everyone loved the yard, my mom even went as far as saying that she wanted me to build a deck for her.. lol it was good.
I spent the whole day yesterday doing landscaping, making the little Oasis presentable for the party, and apparently it was a hit. I will take some pics of it this weekend to show all the improvements we did so far this year.. which is one of the reasons the bathroom ensuite has been kinda stalled..
Oh I never posted about the freaking plumbing drama that happened last weekend. I was finally running the water lines for the washer/dryer hookups upstairs, and everything was going good until one of the solders sprung a leak. We fought with it for a couple days, trying to drain the lines so we could resolder to no avail, not sure why the lines wouldn't bleed but we finally gave up and put a bandaid patch on it until my dad came. He has a plan on how to fix it so that is good. So we have been living with having to shut the main water line off when we leave or go to bed, but the patch seems to be holding..
Plans for holidays are getting a bunch of little things done, pressure wash the deck and stain it, build a couple lattice privacy walls, work on the bathroom, run the new electrical for the upstairs dryer.. blah blah.

I will update as teh week progresses. TTFN

M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Margo, you holiday like I do! Project, project, project! Darin will be off for two weeks in a week or so and I cannot WAIT to make him work!

I can't wait to see the photos of the improvements and I am glad that your BBQ was a hit!

I'm heading over to facebook, see you there! LOL!

Devo said...

Headin' over to Facebook eh? Who's the whore now, huh????haha. Sounds like a lot of sweat and frustration on the plumbing front at your house. That's why we don't attempt shit like that, my hubby would flip his nut if that happened. I would be right behind him too so it aint pretty. Sorry I never replied about the BBQ and then the invite was gone so I asked Chunks and she said it was off since no one was committing. I would have felt a bit odd coming anyways even tho I'm so close, I wouldn't have known what to say to anyone-eek! Panic situation. My new puppy was born on Wednesday!! Happy Canada Day!