Well the weather has definitely been cooperating for my holidays this year. Its been beeuutiful and its supposed to get to 31 tomorrow. Not sure how I feel about that since its as hot as hell in my house, thank god for the deck.
We have gotten a quite a bit done so far. Stained the deck and all the lattice finally. Talk about sore muscles.. I am one stiff momma.
We are ready to paint 3 more walls in the ensuite which means I can finally hang my plasma tv on the wall and we can hook up the sink. I finished the shelving unit that I built to go in the ensuite.
My Dad has fixed the plumbing issue in the basement, and hung the bathroom door which looks really good. He is currently working on installing the new bathroom fan that he bought me, its apparently 3 sone.. If you are wondering what the hell a sone is, from what I am told its the measurement for how quiet the fan is and 3 is one hell of a sone.. lol So I might actually turn the fan on if it doesn't sound like an airplane taking off.
Oh, I can't forget to mention the pressure washer that my dad bought for me.. I was just going to borrow his to clean the deck, but apparently they were on sale for 79 dollars and he couldn't pass up buying 3 of them. One for each us kids. Well this thins is the cats ass.. I didn't realize how dirty the deck was till I started to clean it.. holy shit, it looked new. Well then once Rochelle tried it out she was hooked. She has pressure washed everything possible. All the cushions from the deck furniture, the wood lounger, the muskoga chair, and last nite she washed the front of the house.. lol She said if she knew it would be that much fun she would have gotten one years ago. So needless to say we have one sparkling clean yard.
Oh we almost had another plumbing nitemare. Rochelle had used the ensuite bathroom b/c the water was turned off and she had rather rumbling stomach and she didn't want to leave that in the main bath..so anyways later she flushed it and it wouldnt go down, so I come in and flush it again.. the toilet was rising along with the contents.. We were freaking out.. so she starts plunging and we can hear the water sloshing in the shower drain.. All I was thinking was shit (no pun intended) that my plumbing job was in fact shit.. then I remembered when I was helping dad with the leak downstairs that I had put a towel back in the one drain opening that still has to be connected to make sure the sew gases didn't get out.. So I went downstairs and sure enough it must have gotten sucked down into the drain pipe. So I pulled on it and all I heard was a big rumbling and swoosh the pipe cleared.. Holy shit I was expecting to be covered with sewer.. lol I am glad we didn't flush it one more time b/c we would have had the toilet overflow and likely had shit spraying out of the shower drain... averted a disaster there.. Atleast I know the drain works..
Well thats the update,
Talk soon
M
2 comments:
My former neighbor Cliff was a pressure washer afficionado. He pressure washed EVERYTHING! More than once a year! He was a leaf blower afficionado too. God love him!
The shitty shower story was strangely gripping yet totally disgusting. We seem to have potty issues here. There doesn't seem to be enough pressure sometimes and I spend an awful lot of time plunging.
Can't wait to see the pics.
You bought a pool? Pics please!
Post a Comment