Sunday, January 28, 2007

UsedCalgary.com its the cats ass

Hey y'all.
I have discovered the coolest past time. Selling your shit on the internet. My sister who is an old pro at this and has been buying and selling on Ebay for a long time discovered this website. Its like the bargain finder but better. Its free, and you can post up to 5 pics.

She has sold a bunch of stuff on it already and is even renting cake pans out to people for 10 bucks a day.. lol

So yesterday at 430am when I was up and looking for something to keep me occupied, I decided to post a couple ads. I listed my leather couch, Rochelles TV cabinet and the Ikea bench that Rochelle bought for the entrance way that never fit. We had it in the living room with pillows on it, and stored DVD's in it. Well after the couch arrived the bench got displaced to the back room so we had decided to sell it. Well we talked about it, Rochelle was sleeping when I posted the ad so she had no idea I had listed it. lol

Anyways, I checked my email at 9am and I had 5 people wanting to buy the bench. I contacted the first lady and she ended up buying it. 100 bucks. She came by at 1230pm to pick it up. Since then I got probably 10 more people emailing about it, 4 people were interested in the TV cabinet, a lady is probably coming by today to look at it..
Still no offers on the couch which is the main thing I wanted to sell, but I will keep it online and see what happens.

This is way easier than a garage sale and is quite a rush..lol My sister is definitely on to something. I will have to dig out some of the stuff in the storage room and snap some pics and see what else I can sell.. Keep ya posted.


Yesterday was a busy day in addition to selling stuff, we bought a bunch of stuff. The plan was to go to the Depot and pick up all the drywall, glass blocks and door for the bedroom. They rent vans there for 19$ for 1 1/2 hr. Pretty good deal if you ask me. So we head off at 10 am with list in hand and on a mission. We had limited time b/c bench lady was coming around noon to pick up the popular ikea bench. I was stressed right out, I hate being on a time limit.. I would never last on amazing race..
Well we managed to get the aqua board, the blocks but of course they didn't have the doors in stock that we want for the bedroom/ensuite. We have been looking for them for 2 months and they never have the one we want. So Rochelle got the guy to call another store which luckily had some instock. Now here is where the stress comes in. I had to drive the van to the other store (keep in mind the clock is ticking on the rental), Rochelle rushed home to meet the bench lady.. I got to the other store was in and out in 10 mins and headed home to unload all the stuff. I got home within 45 min of leaving the first Depot and while we were unloading Bench lady showed up. All is falling into place.. We got the van unloaded with a half hour to spare.

I tell ya, I was strung out when all was said and done.. the pressure man.. the pressure.

So we have the materials here finally and can start finishing up this bathroom. I hung to first piece of drywall last nite on the vanity wall. I had to cut 4 holes for the plumbing and the outlet.. and miraculously the holes were perfect.. It is starting to look like a bathroom. yay..

Today I will hang the rest of the drywall, maybe get the shower pan installed and the waterproof membrane put up..

I would really like to get the new doors in. Well they really aren't mean to be a door for a room, they are closet doors on a track. But they are really cool, they have 4 frosted glass panels in each door and the wood is an espresso stain. Then you can access the bathroom or the bedroom separately.. Here is a pic

I am sure it will be a pain to install since I have to remove the 2 old doors and make a new 5 ft wide frame, but I think this will look soooo cool.
Anywhoo. Thats all I got..
M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also hate being on a deadline and would never make it on Amazing Race!

We have a similar thing here online in GP called GPOnline (snort!) and we've posted stuff before. It's not as quick to sell here because GP is full of hillbillies who don't use the Net. But I digress! I am glad you had some success getting rid of some stuff. I have so much to get rid of, a Garage Sale will be in my future, for sure!

JT said...

Chunks, you got any good stuff we might want to buy when you move? Margo, this is our chance to get a piece of Chunks in GP souveniers...
Ok, question for you two (nothing to do with your post, don't worry, i don't think you are tweaking or whatever): "Sharon" was talking about meth and this Intervention she saw where this chick was a methhead and wrote these equations all over her house on the walls and was all like "x + y + numbers = home and shit like that and would say "you see? you see?" to the people, and of course we had to say how awful that was, but then i got the giggles thinking it would be so absurd that i had to bite my tongue to keep for collapsing on the floor in a fit of laughter.
Don't castigate me Margo, remember the poor old lady who was blown into the street or poor Willa Miller??
To fill you all in, Margo emails me one day saying "there was a big windstorm here yesterday and apparently an old lady with a walker was blown into the street and run over and i cant stop laughing" so then after she says that i can't stop either and it was terrible, but the visual was just so insane. Oh man, I better shut up, because elaine and jerry sound more humane than we do right about now....