Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Demo continues... Tile selection for the floor

 
 

I made a little progress this weekend on the ensuite as you can see, tore down some more drywall and now my closet is no more. This is the future site of the Shower and toilet. My mom and stepdad are out of town this weekend so I borrowed their truck to clean out the rubble from the room. As well I thought I would go buy the drywall & plywood we would need for the bathroom and Rochelle wants to finish the drywall in the laundry room. So yesterday was a day of hauling things.
Well the other big idea was to finally remove the dead fridge from the basement suite. This fridge has been sitting downstairs since last july when it died and I replaced it. So off Rochelle and I go, grab the dolly and attempt to haul it up the basement stairs.. I say attempt b/c I was on the top pulling and Rochelle was pushing from the bottom of the fridge. this didn't work so we switched places and we were almost at the top step when rochelle lost grip of the dolly. well I couldn't hold it on my own so down Me and the fridge went. I managed to stay ahead of the falling fridge as it flew down the stairs and the only damage other than the minor heart attack was gash in my hand.. I swear I saw my life flash b4 my eyes. I think the guy that lives in the basement may have too when he was awoken to that crash. He came out all sleepy to see WTF.. There I am bleeding all over the fridge that is laying on its side at the bottom of the stairs, and all I can say is 'sorry for waking you up', He was like.. no problem.. are you ok? lol He must think that we are retarded
so anyways we came upstairs to tend to the wound and have a smoke to calm our nerves and regroup.. Rochelle felt so bad, I kept telling her it wasn't her fault.. Really it was my fault b/c I was too cheap to call the Junk Guys to pick it up like she suggested like a dozen times so really it was my cheap ass fault. So anyways after the smoke we actually had the stupidity to try again. Thankfully buddy downstairs popped his head out and asked if we wanted help, so of course we were all over that. After some grunting and back strain we got the godamm think outside and into the truck. I am a little worse for wear today, my hand hurts and both our backs are killing us but we weill survive....

Well thats all i got today, will update more later.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: