Friday, October 20, 2006

Ah Comfort

 

 

That is another word for Pottery Barn. We finally got the couch that we have wanted since Rochelle first started at Pottery Barn. Its called the Pierce Sectional. We are only missing one piece which is the wedge piece. Once we get it we can rearrange the couch into the sectional. For right now it will do just fine as a huuuggge couch with automon (SP?)
So here is the deal, this couch was a mis ship so Rochelle ended up getting what you see for %30 off then she got her 40% on top of that for a total of 1800. Retail this would be around 4700 which is a little too rich for my blood. Anywhoo, we are keeping are eye out for the elusive wedge, we could buy it right now but it would be $900 even with her discount.
But anyways, this couch is way bigger than it looks in the store, mind you the store is huge and my living room is not, so word to the wise, things look smaller than they appear when in large store. Thankfully the size still works in my livingroom, plenty of room for a nap with 2 meatheads. I kinda felt like lily tomlin on that big chair she sat in though when I first sat down lol.
well its friday, and I have the day off. Looking forward to making some headway with the ensuite,on todays project plan I hope to take out the closet doors in my room and put up some framing to hang the drywall. Depending on how well that goes, I may start putting the plywood subfloor down so we can get some of the slate in.. who knows.

My hand is on the mend, I think I am going to be left with a nasty scar though. I went to the Dr this week to see if I needed any stitches, so when he looked at it he was like 'oh this needs treatment. I am like ok, do your thing, so he comes back with a big elastoplast bandaid (nothing else) and wraps my finger.. Then tells me to put polysporin on it. All of which I had already been doing.. Well if that wasn't good use of the health care system I don't know. He did tell me that I should have had stitches though but it was too late b/c it was healing already. I do have to get a tetanus booster though, he didn't have any at the office so I have to find a clinic somewhere to get the shot. Me of course was having nitemares all week about lock jaw and thinking that I would die because of my fear of puking and all,, I can't imagine havin your jaw locked or wired shut. You would have to sedate me till the jaw was fixed b/c I would be gaggin bigtime..

Oh one last note, since we got the new couch we just moved the old one to the other side of the room under the picture window, So addison has been having a ball sitting on teh back of the couch keeping tabs on the neighborhood..Its so cute, I may have to get some sort of perch for her after we sell the couch so she can sit up there.

ANywhoo, Not much else on the brain.
TTFN
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks to my finger slicing episode of last year, I'm good tetanus shot wise until 2010. HA! Every time I cut myself I think "Whoohoo me!"

Nice couch! I bet it would fit awesome in my living room! When you get tired of it...

Taz loves the window too, although I have to hold him up to look out of it, since he isn't allowed on the loveseats. His claws are like cat claws and he is a digger and I don't want my shit ruined. Of course, my furniture is cheap so that when I get sick of it in three years, I won't feel guilty, so maybe I should just let him up there.

Good luck on your bathroom progress today. God, I cannot believe how early you get up!!

Anonymous said...

Your parcel is in the mail. The baglickers said it should be there Wednesday.

I can't wait to see your reaction!!