Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thanksgiving meet and greet

Last Sunday my family had a little get together in Red Deer. Well by little I mean 50+ people. That is my mom's side of the family. We were celebrating my Gramma's birthday. They rented a hall and we had potluck. It was a nice day catching up with everyone and showing off the great grandkids.
Now to the part JT is wondering about, I took Rochelle with me. This is the first time I have ever taken anyone to a family event, let alone a chickadee. My mom already outted me to all her sisters and brothers last year. I just found out this little tidbit a few months ago. So I am sure the news was filtered down to all the cousins. So of course me being me, I was all uncomfortable when I arrived. I was good the first 2 intros, then after that I slipped. I also apparently kept walking off and leaving Rochelle by herself. Don't worry, she mentioned it to me a little while after I got there so I made a point not to leave her high and dry. But really I think I did an ok job considering it was the first family event. I just introduced her as Rochelle, didn't say who she was. So if someone didn't know the big secret they were probably wondering who the hell she is.. lol. Oh well next time it will be no biggie..
So that is the story, nothing dramatic happened, the family seemed 'ok' with it I think... My gramma still is probably wondering who the dark haired lady sitting at her table for lunch was though lol

Onto other news. I don't think Addison is preggers.. She doesn't have any stomach on her and her due date would be the 27 - 30th of this month. I would think she would be showing by now.. Who knows. She is still really bitchy, and has been getting up to go outside every nite.. Will keep ya posted on it.

The good old Ensuite reno has been moving along slowly.. We are at the point of finishing up a couple more little bits of mudding. Then finally we can prime and paint. The sink is hooked up and working, as is the toilet. For some reason we are still not using them though.. Not sure why. Next steps will be installing the little glass block wall to hide the toilet. Baseboards, and finally tiling. That will be the last job, I don't think it will take too long once we pick the tile and get started. I am gunning for a completion b4 xmas .. Only been going on for a year now, whats a couple more months. lol
I havent taken any more pictures b/c the progress has been not very dramatic, but don't worry once we start seeing some tangible progress I will post.

Well better get back at it.
Later gaters.

M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was gay.

Not because I think I am but because I think I would be good for the "community". I'd be loud and proud and I'd be waving my gayness around like a banner.

Hell, I do that for the "community" now! :)

Of course, I can think like that all I want because I have never been there, however, Margo? Just be you. Be open and honest and just try to be happy in your life. If anyone gives you a hard time, have them call me. You've got my number.

Oh, and I can't wait to see your bathroom renos! Darin said I can get vanities and tile as soon as I have the rest of the house painted. Mighty white of him, eh?

JT said...

I am always guilty of the "you left me alone while you went and had a 2 hour conversation with cousin Charlie, and I don't know anyone" thing, so I understand - it's hard to overcome!
Glad the meet and greet went well - I know you don't feel comfy with any of them to begin with. I just remember last time you went there was something to do with gravy - either a fight or you had gross gravy, or something.... do you know what I am talking about? There was some issue and that's all I remember and it had to do with gravy... LOLLLLLLL, tell me I am not crazy.
If the dog still has two weeks to go, she still might be - carefully feel down by her privates and see if you can feel any lumps. Daisy never expanded until the last two weeks....