You all seen the snow that I woke up to yesterday, that set the tone for the morning. I had an out of province inspection scheduled for 8am so I could finally get plates for Schultzy (Chunks.. Thanks for the suggestion lol).
The snow had me stressed enough since I only have summers on the car right now. I go to leave and realize that I had left my wallet in my desk drawer at work. Fuck.. No money no credit nothing. I call the place and ask if they take cheques, they say no so I reschedule, then I think I can just give the my visa number, I call back they say no problem. Cool.
Well I go out and gently brush the white shit off my car and hold my breath while I pull away from the curb. Thankfully I didn't get stuck but the next 2 blocks were scary. I couldn't get traction to get any speed up, the back end starts fishtaling.. Did I mention Shultz is a rear wheel drive? Anyways then all of a sudden this big yellow light is flashing in the dash.. I am like WTF now.. Turns out to be the traction control. Cool atleast I know that works. Then I come up to the 4 way stop that I know will be icy, and I know if I stop I won't get going again. So as I approach I check both ways and just coast through., Luckily the next light was green so no stopping required.
I made it to the shop, drop the car off and head to the starbucks/safeway next door to kill an hour. Remember No wallet no money.> So I had raided my change jar to get enough for a Latte and donut. My original plan was to do some leisurely grocery shopping but 5 bucks in change won't get you far..
So I go back to the shop and he says, can you come here and take a look.. I am thinking.. Oh shit something major is wrong.. that is why I got it so cheap.. No its just the washer fluid.. Apparently it had just water in it.. Fuck. never thought to check that.. and it was frozen solid.. they can't pass it unless it has functioning washers.. so they have a hose running into it to thaw it.. then he tells me that summer tires are not allowed in the winter.. they have to be all seasons or winters. I tell him I plan on getting winters but b/c it is so late in the season there are none in stock.. So he shows me some tires he can put on.. for $350/tire.. I don't fucking think so. I explain that I have already sourced out a set of wheels and tires from Tiretrends.ca (great site if you need tires by the way. Cheap and they come delivered on the rims..) for like 1200 for 4 tires and rims. So he calls around and nobody has a full set of winters anywhere. I guess this is why he let it slide. Thank god, I didn't want to have to pay 1500 for tires just to get it registered..Oh and they managed to get half of the frozen water out of the washer so they filled up the rest with the blue shit.
So all ended well, I made it back home without crashing or getting stuck and tonight I will be picking up the plate for Schultz..
Gotta run.
Margo
2 comments:
That sounds like quite the adventure. I would have been so close to a tantrum, that kind of shit stresses me out big time. Glad it all worked out and you got the registration done. It really is a pain moving vehicles from province to province, and when we took our cars to BC it was an even bigger pain and super expensive! Yay Alberta! Except for all the fucking snow that is. Devo
Schultzy is rear wheel drive? I'd panic, since I am a front wheel drive person. Are you going to get vanity plates? you could get schultz put on it....
Post a Comment