Saturday, December 03, 2005

Go big or go home...

Thats my motto this week.
Well the tiling is still ongoing.. it seems like I have been doing it for 3 months... well I guess I have if you consider that I bought them in August,, still have nitemares about hauling them in. THen I washed them all.. which required hauling them onto the deck unpacking them, washing them, then repacking and stacking back in the house, then I unpacked them again to seal them prior to the install..
Now I am about 3/4 done the floor probably have about 70 tiles left.. its slow going, and very labor intensive work. I don't know if I would tackle this again anytime soon, atleast not in this scale. Tiling the bathroom will seem like a walk in the park after this, especially since it will be ceramic. SLate is not one of the easiest tiles to work with, but I think its one of the nicer ones. It is looking really good, so all the hard work will be worth it if I can just make it through the last little bit.

So last week was my first week back at my old job, what a relief to be out of repair.. that place was hellish. Worst place to work hands down. So it was really nice to be back at my old desk, free to leave when I please. I don't have any work to do yet since I am one of the only ones back in my dept.
So i kept myself busy looking for appliances online. I need to buy a dishwasher and over the range microwave for the kitchen. I wanted to get stainless b/c it would look the best with the cabinet colour. Of course my tastes are always bigger than my bank account so I chose the frigidaire professional series. So I had decided on the 2 appliances, the dishwasher was 799 and the microwave was 699. If that wasn't enough one of my coworkers Sage then convinced me that I wouldn't be happy with having new stainless appliances if I kept my old white fridge and stove.. Well they aren't really old, they are only 4 yrs old and they are pretty nice kenmore fridge/stove, the stove is even convection. So anyways she convince me to get all new appliances now instead of waiting.. really didn't take too much arm twisting.
So on wed afternoon I headed out to Sears, Trail Appliances and the Brick to get some quotes. I went armed with the product numbers and ended up getting one hell of a deal. Trail beat the quote from Sears by 300$ then I took Trail quote and hit the Brick. The brick beat the Trail quote by 200. I ended up saving almost a 1000 bucks off the retail prices. It pays to have all your homework done b4 you go shopping and it pays to go on the last day of the month when the sales people are hungry to make their sales targets..
So anyways I have purchase the frigidaire Stainless stove, Microwave and dishwasher and the LG french door bottom freezer fridge with a water dispenser.. They are beautiful and will go so well with the cabinets and floors. I should be getting them around the middle of December since the fridge won't be instock till them. It will work out well since my dad is coming out for Xmas and he said he could plumb in the dishwasher and run the water line for the fridge.
Man I can't wait till this is all over and I can kick back and relax till spring...


M

No comments: