Saturday, December 17, 2005

Reno update

Well here is the latest on the renos. From the pics you can tell that the cabinets are almost complete, just waiting on the crown molding and light rail.. The reason they are not done is that the installer was supposed to be here @ noon on Tuesday to complete every thing but of course he was hung up on another project and didn't get to my house till after 3pm.. He wasn't going to come but when he called me to say he was running really late on the job, I flipped out on him and said that I cannot take anymore time off work and that I didn't care what time he got to my place, but I wanted it done that day..
The appliances (all except my fridge which is coming on the 22nd, still crossing my fingers on that) were delivered on Wednesday. Of course that didn't go smoothly, because when they first brought in the stove there were 2 dents on the side of it. At first I was like take it back, but then they offered me 10% off and because you would never see the side b/c its hidden by the cabinet I decide to take the money. Then after they left I was taking off the plastic from the stainless steel I noticed a little indent on the side of the stainless door. You can only really notice from the side, from the front you can't see it at all. But because I am anal, and things have to be perfect I called the Brick and told them about it. I said that 10% off was fine for the other dents b/c they are hidden, but the door was visible.. So they said we can send a new one out or we can take 25% off the price.. I quickly did the math and this was about 400 bucks off.. I told them that I would think about it and call back. So I called up JT and asked what he would do, both he and Rachel said I should take the money. So I called back and got the credit on my account. So then the next nite I got around to looking at the microwave to see if it was all in one piece.. Well it looked great except it wasn't the microwave that I ordered. It was stainless but thats where the similarities ended.. This one is the lower model ($300 cheaper too), So I called back yet again and told them they sent the wrong one.. The lady asked 'so do you want us to exchange it?' I am like "hell ya" the one I paid for is a lot more money" dumb question.. anyways long stry short they are sending out the right microwave when they deliver the Fridge. Hope that will be the end of the appliance saga, I am praying that the fridge gets here in 1 piece.. Cross your fingers..
On a festive note, I only have 3 work days left till my vacation, then I am off till January 3rd.. I am beyond excited about the time off.. I hope it will be more restful than the last week that I had off..

Ta Ta For now..

M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that the same installer that gibbled things up? You should report him to the BBB or something.

I can't wait until we get to see the pictures showing your kitchen totally done!!

Your new motto should be "WWJTD"...what would JT do. HAHAHA! Smart of you to ask someone else though, I would have taken the percentage off too. Of course, in my house, if you are here long enough, you will be dented anyway, so what is the difference? haha!

What will be your next project? Any ideas?

Anonymous said...

No this installer is the owner of the company, but I am still going back to Home Depot to get some sort of compensation and I am writing Mike Holmes because he endorses HD installation..
I have some ideas for the next project(s) I need new carpeting in the hallway, this stuff I have is disgusting. Thinking of putting terra cotta tile in the back room with the french doors to the deck. And of course the bathroom. Nothing really wrong with it except I want to put up new drywall and tile. maybe new sink..