Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Hump Day.

Hey Y'all.
Wednesday, and its actually Friday for me. Decided since they cut back our OT to 2hrs a day I would take a couple vacation days. I have so much stuff to do around the house that has been neglected since the strike started.
Won't be relaxing and I am actually feeling a bit guilty for takin the time off, but I think I should get over it and enjoy it.
Last nite I went to finalize and order my cabinets. Mary my Home Depot kitchen gal was great to work with and I think I will send in a feedback letter to her manager about how great she was. So there is no turning back now. I paid for cabinets and ordered my kitchen window. I hope to god that I measured right or I will be in trouble with the window. So at the end of the day I ended up charging 4000$ at the Depot. Luckily I was able to get the don't pay for 12 mos on both so I can worry about it next year at this time. hopefully we won't still be on strike then.

I have a lot of work to do in the next month but it will all be worth it by the end. I will be sure to post progress pics as I go along. I did end up finishing the tiles in the back entrance last weekend. Or I should say rochelle and I finished. I grouted, and rochelle cleaned.I have to say that I got the better end of that deal. The grouting was really easy, but poor rochelle had to clean the tiles 3 times to get all the grout off... poor girl. Gotta love her and her patience.
We learned lots so the upstairs should go alot smoother after learning from our mistakes....

Its Rochelles B day on Saturday so we are planning to go out to Earls for dinner. I have a gift bought but I can't post what it is in case Rochelle reads this. I will post after I give it too her what it was. I think she will like it though.

Well gotta run.
I will try to post over my long weekend.

M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your kitchen renos....I almost have Darin talked into gutting ours. Of course, that will have to be after we re-shingle in the spring and build a new fence...send your O.T $$ to: hahah!

I hope you have a special day for Rochelle planned!! You will have to let us all know what y'all did for the birthday celebrations!

cutie1964 said...

Happy B-day, Rochelle! Hope y'all have a fabulous weekend! Will know where to go for reno advice from here on in - you gals are doing an amazing job! Looking forward to the pics!
Cheers!
Heather