Sunday, December 07, 2008

Weekly Wrap as promised to my 2 loyal readers

Ok, its sunday morning and I am finally going to write. I think this has been the longest stretch without a post.. Not sure why but lets all not live in the past shall we?

So I am thinking to ease back into the blogworld I will do point form to key y'all abreast of my weekly trials and tribulations, or atleast try to fill ya all in on my life.

Work.. Well some of you know that with this whole financial crisis that the world has plunged into everyone is downsizing. Well that is the case at ma Bell.. they started this past week with promises of more to come. Even my old manager has left the building. I will keep you posted if I get the tap on the shoulder or not.. if so I will have lost of neurotic rantings to blog about, but so far so good.

Home.. Since moving into the lovely house in Gods country I have been taking it easy, or easy compared to the construction zone I lived in on Hell Drive.. Over the summer we focused on the yard and sunroom. Nothing major planted some things and stained the fence and put in a pool. DIdn't that sound grand.. its a 59$ blow up pool from Canadian trash but it definitely served us well through the hot days of summer..
In the sunroom we Rochellized it. Hung some nifty blinds from Ikea so we didn't feel like we were living in a glass bowl, of course the pottery barn furniture is in there and fits just lovely. The one drawback of the sunroom was that there was no access to the house from it. you had to go out the front or back doors and go in the house from there. Now I know that doesn't seem that big of a deal, but when you have escape artist dogs like we do it becomes a risky endevour every time you need to pee. SOOO, in October we finally took the plunge and cut a hole in the house. Ah fun times, have I told you how I love cutting stucco? No, well its a treat.. anyhow We now have a lovely door installed in the office that goes out to the sunroom.. It is great.. way easier to let the dogs out, and will be great when the warm gods come back and we are sitting in the open air. One other thing that we need to do, and since we have access to the electrical is to install a light in the sunroom, of course once we thought light, we thought ceiling fan with light to make those hot days more bearable. That is still in the planning phases but will be done before spring.
On the inside house front we haven't really done too much, this place was already done over when we bought it. We do have plans though to install hardwood throughout since right now its carpet everywhere except the kitchen and bath where there is tile. I don't mind the tile, Rochelle though has mentioned ripping it out and putting in slate.. Ok. I am so not ready for another slate experience. I am still quite fulfilled from the Ensuite hell experience.. maybe in another year , but not now. The hardwood is another story, after coming from a carpet free house to all carpet is quite an adjustment especially with 3 dogs, and lets not forget the other 5 puppies who blessed this house... they all left their mark, and no amount of shampooing has been able to fully get rid of it.
There is one thing that I can't stand is the bathtub.. Its the original cast iron tub.. meaning it will hold maybe 3 litres of water, and is uncomfortable as hell to lay in.. I miss my soaker jetted tub from Hell drive.. I could actually soak and not have to shift different body parts to get them wet.. so that is also on the list of must haves.. not sure when but the old tubs days are numbered.

So down to the basement which really is lovely. It has a bedroom, lovely new 3 piece bath and fully developed rec room with fireplace. Whoever finished the basement definitely knew how to drywall. The only thing missing is personality, the walls are white and kinda boring. Also there is this alcove that is 10 by 11 that has nothing in it. So we thought, what a perfect place for a bar..! That is the current project is that underway. Oh did I mention that there is already a little drybar area with nice cabinet and fridge.? Well that would be too easy to just use the existing or just roll in a drink trolley and call it done.. Noo, I need to install a wet bar, with fridge and beer taps.. of course. will keep yall posted as this little winter project progresses.

well I am outta wit and thoughts for now. There is more to tell but that will have to be for another day.

M

1 comment:

Rox said...

I need your new address as apparently the only one I have is the Helle One.

The sunroom sounds frigging awesome! I want one! And the slate? Oy, I don't blame you for not wanting to play that game.

Hardwood or laminate? Yes, after flooring, carpets are a bitch eh?

Glad to see both you and JT posted, although his was lame! LOL! Y'all inspire me.